"They’re spending probably two or three times more than any other team in the league...." | Page 3 | Vital Football

"They’re spending probably two or three times more than any other team in the league...."

It only matters if you are incredibly thin skinned and even care remotely what a manager says about us in his press conference...

Is that directed at me? I'm so sorry for spoiling your evening.

'they've spent a lot of money'

Transfer cash incoming (last two seasons. Estimates / internet rumour)

Raggett £250k
Woodyard £250k
Palmer £20k
Waterfall 50k
Whitehouse £30k

Total £600k

Outlay

Bostwick / Anderson £100k
Akinde £150k
Frecklington £75k
Pett £50k
Luque £5k

Total £380k

Net profit - £220k

Frees: Shackell, Green, Palmer, Eardley, O'Connor, Wilson, Andrade, Smith, Vickers.

Have I missed anyone?
Margetts out fee?
Ragett fee after a loan fee was not 250k

I heard Raggett was more, Woodyard was less, Palmer is about right, Waterfall is less, Whitehouse I don’t think we got a fee but a tribunal may happen. Plus a fee for Farman.

Bostwick/ Anderson was more. Akinde less orginally, to be more should clauses be met. Frecklington no idea. Luque not that much yet. Pett, I believe slightly less but you might be right.

All of this is what i’ve heard. Sources are a mixture of reliability though.
Ragett alot less ! Woodyard spot on eventually and Akinde more eventually.

Ragett alot less ! Woodyard spot on eventually and Akinde more eventually.
I heard Raggett was about £300K but I’ll trust your much likely better sources/judgement here.

Woodyard was £225K wasn’t he?

Akinde i’ve heard £100K upfront, rising to £200K with add ons.

It only matters if you are incredibly thin skinned and even care remotely what a manager says about us in his press conference...

I look on comments from managers about us with a pinch of salt. It is called getting your excuses in early or admitting your own failings as a manager. I wonder what he said before and after the huge spenders at Accrington did the double over them last season... Besides which what the hell has it got to do with him apart from a ready-made excuse...

Football is a business. As others have alluded too, our income has increased significantly due to being successful, cup run, etc. Admittedly Mr.Nates money allowed us to get the Cowley's in. Bob told me so himself. But, we still had to deliver, which we have done, pretty damn well.

As a football club, what the hell are we supposed to do with our money other than make ourselves better? I feel that within the confines of football today, there has not been a better example of how to make money and reinvest it back into the club. We've done a good job of it and, I feel, as right a way as most football fans would consider the "right" way.

It certainly makes a change to the time where we didn't have a pot to piss in. We are, rightly, embracing this time of prosperity and long may it continue

Last edited:
Think we've pissed a lot of clubs off by coming up and doing so well, especially our local foes especially them in north notts...
The bitterness from them really does know no bounds

At the end of the day who cares what anybody else thinks! As long as we aren't living beyond our means that's all that matters. Tbh with the attendances and success we have had in the last two years I would be disappointed if we weren't splashing the cash around.

We have invested solidly in the future by building our own training ground. We have not frittered it all away on players but clearly with our support level we can invest some cash in better players and let's be fair it shows. We are top of the league 4 points clear! You can't ask for better than that!

I heard Raggett was about £300K but I’ll trust your much likely better sources/judgement here.

Not 100percent on Akinde but 150k was invested into the club just before he signed and i would guess more this summer (after hopefully promotion).

Posh are very clever with there deals and reading there website in the summer like to pay a chunk up front and the rest a year later.With the 2year deal they also like to put a player up for sale with a year left of there contract .

Posh are very clever with there deals and reading there website in the summer like to pay a chunk up front and the rest a year later.With the 2year deal they also like to put a player up for sale with a year left of there contract .
But as they paid a release clause not sure that would have been an option. Likely they can split payments but perhaps not this time.

But as they paid a release clause not sure that would have been an option. Likely they can split payments but perhaps not this time.
Release clause? Please explain.
Woodyard under contract,they bid a figure and payment can be however we agree .