They played for both of us | Vital Football

They played for both of us

Magnetnotmaggots

Vital Squad Member
Stolen from the BBC Sports website, the answers are players that have played for both Liverpool and Sheffield United
Not particularly difficult for those with longer memories but Just a bit of fun before kick off.

1) Currently captain at a Premier League club. Born in Liverpool but only played twice for the Reds

2) This defender had a loan spell with Sheffield United after winning the FA Cup with both Liverpool and Everton. Also played more than 100 times for Birmingham City

3) Currently spotted on Saturday afternoons working as a TV pundit. Won seven First Division titles and three European Cups with Liverpool before ending his career at Sheffield United

4) Moustachioed goal-machine. His time at Juventus "was like living in a foreign country", though he says he did not actually say that. Won 15 major trophies with Liverpool before a four-game spell at Sheffield United late in his career

5) Liverpool's youngest-ever goal scorer and still only 20 years old. The Welshman has been on loan to the Blades and Oxford

6) A £2.5m move was once a new British transfer record. Scored goals for Aston Villa, Derby, Wales and even Benfica and Galatasaray

7) Gained rave reviews for his midfield performances for Liverpool in the 1987-88 title-winning season. Was player-manager at Sheffield United in the late 1990s

8) A midfield stalwart of the early Premier League era and another who played for both Liverpool and Everton, in between two seasons at Sheffield United. West Ham and Sunderland also feature on his club history. Now a pundit for BBC Radio 5 Live, among others

I'll play the Whiteman with this one,In no particular order ( to keep it going a bit longer)

Hutchison, ,Spackman, Thompson, Saunders,Ablett, Rush, and Coady

Last edited:
In no particular order ( to keep it going a bit longer)

Hutchison, ,Spackman, Thompson, Ablett, Rush, and some others!!!!
Dean Saunders,that goal when eh took a quick throw in,hit the keeper on't back and rolled the ball into the empty net sheer cheek& in that move,Genius.Conor Coady's the skipper at Wolves.Ben Woodman wor a waste of space he was. UTMPB

Dean Saunders,that goal when eh took a quick throw in,hit the keeper on't back and rolled the ball into the empty net sheer cheek& in that move,Genius.Conor Coady's the skipper at Wolves.Ben Woodman wor a waste of space he was. UTMPB
I've got them all now Rod but was stuck on Coady!I also put Whiteman for Woodman.

I took my nephew and niece to that game, sat virtually directly behind him in the Family stand- as quick a piece of thinking as I have seen on a football pitch.

I've got them all now Rod but was stuck on Coady!I also put Whiteman for Woodman.

I took my nephew and niece to that game, sat virtually directly behind him in the Family stand- as quick a piece of thinking as I have seen on a football pitch.
Ben Whiteman's Donny's best player havin been wi us for quite along time.UTMPB

I had a pint wi number 4 in Josephines when he was here.... actually smaller in height than he appeared on the pitch/tv.......only 5ft 9" .........plus 3" of hair i suppose:grinning:

Not looked at other folks answers but mine are;
1. Conor Coady, 2. Gary Ablett, 3. Phil Thompson, 4. Ian Rush, 5. Ben Woodman, 6. Dean Saunders, 7. Nigel Spackman, and 8. Don Hutchinson

I'll be impressed if I get 5 right