They banned it cos its political they say | Vital Football

They banned it cos its political they say

Yes, seen this, it's disgraceful. Good thread KK.

I've just shared on facebook, people really should share the hell out of this one.

Yes, seen this, it's disgraceful. Good thread KK.

I've just shared on facebook, people really should share the hell out of this one.

Same here JF: It is too on my Facebook. Just seen it on yours too and I smiled. This is so wrong. It's not political even if Greenpeace are involved. It's factual and about our planet

This is a massive PR coup for Iceland. I must have seen this at least 5 times now. I need to think of something like this for my business.

This is a massive PR coup for Iceland. I must have seen this at least 5 times now. I need to think of something like this for my business.

Yes there is every likelihood they did this on purpose - it is getting far more press and social media reach than if it had just been a bog-standard Christmas advert.

Fair play to their PR department!

To be fair, the rules say adverts cannot be made by organisations with a political affiliation. Greenpeace, who made this, are obviously political.

If the rules are there, they must apply to everyone.

Luckily, in this case, though, it has probably resulted in more publicity than they could ever have hoped for.

In what way is the advert political? Raising understanding and awareness of the damage done by palm oil and highlighting the fact that your company is offering the consumer a choice?

The sustainable palm oil logo needs to be publicised in much the same way as those products highlighting the fairtrade nature of their production and supply. I intend to attach it when forwarding via social media.

1542118808134.png

In what way is the advert political? Raising understanding and awareness of the damage done by palm oil and highlighting the fact that your company is offering the consumer a choice?

The sustainable palm oil logo needs to be publicised in much the same way as those products highlighting the fairtrade nature of their production and supply. I intend to attach it when forwarding via social media.

View attachment 29938

It's not the advert at all, it's who made it. Political groups can't make adverts. Those are the rules, so sometimes we have to take the bad for the greater good. They've actually specifically said the advert itself is fine.

It's not the advert at all, it's who made it. Political groups can't make adverts. Those are the rules, so sometimes we have to take the bad for the greater good. They've actually specifically said the advert itself is fine.

It raises questions about the motives of Iceland as a company. Is this an elaborate "greenwash" to kick start a flagging company? No production costs, no payment to TV companies. Effectively free advertising via social media.

They could have made their own advert making the same point without the direct connection to Greenpeace. However, their actions relating to publicising the harm done by Palm Oil are clearly beneficial to the environment. Hmmmn?

It raises questions about the motives of Iceland as a company. Is this an elaborate "greenwash" to kick start a flagging company? No production costs, no payment to TV companies. Effectively free advertising via social media.

I think I am far too cynical, but this is exactly why they did it - massive PR coup in terms of exposure and social media etc. And good for Greenpeace as well. Win-win for both.

Kind of sick of the over the top emotional Christmas adverts anyway

As others have pointed out, having their advert “banned” has suspiciously worked massively in their favour, and Iceland has never been known for socially responsible business practices so it’s a bit out of left field that suddenly they apparently care so much :hmmm:

This is a win, win and Mr Cynical says well done to the bloke who noticed getting it banned would actually get it noticed!