The "You know you're old when" thread | Vital Football

The "You know you're old when" thread

starchild65

Vital Squad Member
probably this will appeal to anyone over the age of 40 (err I mean 21 plus VAT).

Recently one of my step daughter's friends walked into our house wearing a KISS tee shirt with the band in full Destroyer pose (as seen on the album cover). I remarked how surprised I was that a girl only 16 would even know who the band was and she told me that it was one of her favourite bands at the moment. Imagine her suprise when I told her that that particular album was released way back in 1975 - 38 years ago. I showed her my KISS cd collection and she didn't realise that they have over 30 albums out and that they first started out in 1972 - 41 years ago. When she and the step daughter had left the room, I suddenly felt very old. All the bands I grew up listening to and whose records (sorry cd's) I still buy, are well into their 50s and beyond. The guys in KISS are all old age pensioners now. Bands like Iron Maiden, Saxon, Def Leppard etc are in their 50s.

:10: :10:

Yes but they still cut the mustard. Rock has never been like pop where it is a here today gone tomorrow form of music. Age is not a barrier in rock to making great music, and bands like Maiden prove that. Add to that all the up and coming new bands such as the excellent Rival Sons and you have a vibrant music scene that respects it's past but embraces it's future. That will do for me!!

You know you're old when.......

You put Veet hair remover on your ear lobes, across the bridge of your nose and up your nostrils.........

"You know you're old when"...................

When you flop out of bed each morning and look and feel like I do.

You know you're old when ......

you wake up without a stiffy.

I've been waking up with morning glory daily since I was 15, but just recently it seems sometimes the little fella needs more sleep than the rest of me.

Worrying times.

DeanoVilla - 28/2/2013 14:19

You know you're old when ......

you wake up without a stiffy.

I've been waking up with morning glory daily since I was 15, but just recently it seems sometimes the little fella needs more sleep than the rest of me.

Worrying times.

A stiffy. I remember those Deano. Yes, I used to experience them many, many moons ago.

I'd forgotten about them.

We were talking about having a party for my 50th next year. The kids suggested we should have it during the day as I would be unable to stay up too late !!!

That made me feel old.

Saturday will be our 22nd wedding anniversary.
2 years from then and I will be 50 with no mortgage.
No mortgage makes me go :4: :4: :4: :4:
Being 50 makes me go :21: :21: :21: :21:
Can people still have sex when they are that old ?

starchild65 - 28/2/2013 13:26

probably this will appeal to anyone over the age of 40 (err I mean 21 plus VAT).

Recently one of my step daughter's friends walked into our house wearing a KISS tee shirt with the band in full Destroyer pose (as seen on the album cover). I remarked how surprised I was that a girl only 16 would even know who the band was and she told me that it was one of her favourite bands at the moment. Imagine her suprise when I told her that that particular album was released way back in 1975 - 38 years ago. I showed her my KISS cd collection and she didn't realise that they have over 30 albums out and that they first started out in 1972 - 41 years ago. When she and the step daughter had left the room, I suddenly felt very old. All the bands I grew up listening to and whose records (sorry cd's) I still buy, are well into their 50s and beyond. The guys in KISS are all old age pensioners now. Bands like Iron Maiden, Saxon, Def Leppard etc are in their 50s.

:10: :10:

Aye, watched the classic rock awards the other day and they were certainly not kids any more! Status Quo looked about 100!

But as Wurzel rightly says, they still cut the mustard! Albeit, never really explored Kiss.

I'll get back to this thread when I am old. In the meantime, I'll leave it to you olduns.

Clubpaver - 28/2/2013 15:55

Well even if they can they shouldn't! :82:

I don't see how they'd have time anyway what with all the knitting and sucking on boiled sweets they do.

You know you are old when a fellow Villa fan offers to help you to the toilet.

eh Jim?!?! :14:

Off topic i know, but i'm 32, and i got asked for ID for a pack of tobacco a few weeks back. BOOYA!

think i would rather listen to the whos advice of hope i die before i get old ...

dont mind to much about getting older, as to be fair insurance comes down, cheaper to get pissed and bints actually listen to me, rather then dismiss me as a pervert ...

DeanoVilla - 28/2/2013 16:05

Clubpaver - 28/2/2013 15:55

Well even if they can they shouldn't! :82:

I don't see how they'd have time anyway what with all the knitting and sucking on boiled sweets they do.

They can and they do, Clubpaver, albeit not so often (what's seldom is nice) and, Deano, obviously you have never considered the erotic possibilities of boiled sweets....