The Yanks are coming. | Vital Football

The Yanks are coming.

Johngill

Vital Youth Team
I rarely watch premiership footie but I did watch the cup final (good game good game) and I was drawn to the two drinks breaks that have been brought in, and was wondering how long it will be before Sky decide to make this a permanent feature to turn the game into a game of four quarters so they can add more advertising breaks.

I’ve never seen advert breaks during football games in USA. We’d actually do well to copy some of the things they implement out there as opposed to this country’s system of “who’s the richest owner?”

I’ve never seen advert breaks during football games in USA. We’d actually do well to copy some of the things they implement out there as opposed to this country’s system of “who’s the richest owner?”

The future for us is sadly following usa established sports tv.

The NFL is based around advertising breaks or breaks to commentry.
It was the usa that proposed names on shirts and four quarters per game when they won the rights to hold the world cup. FIFA caved on names on shirts but not on quarters.

Already commentators try to be centre stage instead of the game. They decide how you watch football e.g. game going on but have to focus on a coach or sulking player on the bench or a replay, back to the action and someone has nearly scored wtf.. It was just sky now they they are all doing it.
I pay to watch football on the pitch not their opinion of what I should be interested in whilst the game is still going on.

The drinks break was only implemented do to with playing the games in the summer! Most of the coaches were using as a team talk break than a drinks break! Cannot continue when the new season starts!

The majority of breaks in NFL are filled with commentators talking. There are no commercial breaks in MLS. Instead of blaming Americans why don’t we look at laying blame where it properly lies, which is with the selfish Prem and Prem-orientated footballing authorities.

The drinks break was only implemented do to with playing the games in the summer! Most of the coaches were using as a team talk break than a drinks break! Cannot continue when the new season starts!
Agreed, but pretty sure they will.

Even on the colder night games they still had them for no reason.

When I read this I thought Scallywag had found some investors (should have known better). Nice to see he's now said something about the financial position.

On the subject of N/American sports coverage, the NHL (National [Ice] Hockey League) has just resumed and the TV coverage and game intensity is very good. In effect, the regular season has ended and the games now being played are to decide the Stanley Cup winners. BT Sport, Premier Sports and Free Sports are all showing games and because they are using only two venues ( Toronto and Edmonton) the "early" games are starting at 5pm our time so, for anyone interested, there`s plenty of opportunity to watch live coverage.