The World Cup | Page 6 | Vital Football

The World Cup

Thought about that game. Anybody else feel that the pace of the game was slow?. Frankly, the vast majority have been slow, defensive affairs. Now, the Premiership seems a lot faster and more frenetic. Mitro doesn't appear to be particularly quick but he reads the game well, and puts himself about a bit. Successful premiership strikers are generally quick. I'm not so sure he'll make it as a Premiership striker.

Sits back and prepares to be proven absolutely wrong!

Thought about that game. Anybody else feel that the pace of the game was slow?. Frankly, the vast majority have been slow, defensive affairs. Now, the Premiership seems a lot faster and more frenetic. Mitro doesn't appear to be particularly quick but he reads the game well, and puts himself about a bit. Successful premiership strikers are generally quick. I'm not so sure he'll make it as a Premiership striker.

Sits back and prepares to be proven absolutely wrong!

I think that the third round games will be better, the mindset of avoiding defeat at all costs will go out the window when teams realise that they have to win to stay in the competition.

If The Realist still posted I'd like to think, after laughing his head off, he'd remind you that in their last five competitive games at major tournaments, England have beaten the might of Wales and Tunisia with last minute goals. Drawn with Slovakia and Russia, and lost to Iceland.

England win the World Cup ?

I couldn't give a Toss about the last tournament Look at 1990 nobody gave us a chance there and got to semis.

It's the here and now . Nobody has stood out . Al the teams are much the same, there is nobody to fear . Play without fear and see where we get .

If The Realist still posted I'd like to think, after laughing his head off, he'd remind you that in their last five competitive games at major tournaments, England have beaten the might of Wales and Tunisia with last minute goals. Drawn with Slovakia and Russia, and lost to Iceland.

England win the World Cup ?

I couldn't give a Toss about the last tournament Look at 1990 nobody gave us a chance there and got to semis.

It's the here and now . Nobody has stood out . Al the teams are much the same, there is nobody to fear . Play without fear and see where we get .

You don't give a toss about the most recent tournament, but reference one from 28 years ago?!

Look, I'd like nothing more than this lot prove me wrong, however, the difference between 1990 and now is that not one of the current crop would get in that team. And before you claim Kane would, come back to me when he's won trophies with the likes of Barcelona, been runner up in the Ballon d'Or and won the Golden Boot at a World Cup.

I agree whole heartedly with you Neppos, not one of the players in the current England squad would get in the 90 squad.

This tournament could be anybodies ! and England are in that mix , as nobody is head and shoulders above our standard ..... yet

Reactions: CM
I agree whole heartedly with you Neppos, not one of the players in the current England squad would get in the 90 squad.

This tournament could be anybodies ! and England are in that mix , as nobody is head and shoulders above our standard ..... yet

Apart from Belgium ?

I agree - they brought nowt to the table and rarely do. Nice to see that mackem **** Lardarse gutted.

Sweden deserved to get beat totally negative the fact i have Germany in the sweepstake at work does not cloud my judgement

I'm waiting to see how the erics perform against Sweden but them aside Brazil or Spain look the best of a bad bunch.
After seeing the Belgians today they really looked good mate, could have been a lot more, the game against them will be our lithmus ,see how good we are.Krauts haven’t really clicked yet and as that result this evening showed they don’t give up easily. Pity it wasn’t a draw.

After seeing the Belgians today they really looked good mate, could have been a lot more, the game against them will be our lithmus ,see how good we are.Krauts haven’t really clicked yet and as that result this evening showed they don’t give up easily. Pity it wasn’t a draw.

Aye the Belgians did look good CM but i'd like to see them play like that against a half decent team first.

The Swedes fucked up big time last night as I wouldn't bet against the Germans getting to the final now.

Aye,the Swedes screwed up big time,had the chance to have a go at the Germans when they went down to 10 men but decided to play for the draw,got what they deserved playing a flat pack 4,nowt.