The World Cup | Page 5 | Vital Football

The World Cup

How times have changed when Newcastles only interest in players at the world cup is the one they're selling

He'd have been sent off for us for elbowing Shaqiri after ballooning that header over the bar, he's played great to be fair. Couple more goals in the tournament and as said above Ashley will be rubbing his fat hands.

It's the discipline that makes the difference as well as playing against centre backs harder and cleverer than you, not sure how many cards he got at Fulham, but at St James' in particular he seemed to get too fired up and lose his head.

He was 22 in a league where he was clearly trying to impress.....
then came Benitez and he barely got a look in

Unbelievable decision, funny that against the Swiss, there's a whiff of Sepp in the air, lingering over that game.

I agree England do have a chance, it seems like everything this year has been low key or under the radar. Standard wise it is teams of a very similar ilk, nobody is standing out....... i do hope we win it as it will be the name on the trophy and in the history books . Nowt will be said of the poor quality of teams

If The Realist still posted I'd like to think, after laughing his head off, he'd remind you that in their last five competitive games at major tournaments, England have beaten the might of Wales and Tunisia with last minute goals. Drawn with Slovakia and Russia, and lost to Iceland.

England win the World Cup ?