The World Cup | Page 14 | Vital Football

The World Cup

disappointed I really thought they would beat Croatia. France will walk the final no matter who they faced. I hope Croatia turn them over mind.

It would have been a travesty if England had of got to the final. We're pretty bang average and the two good teams we've played in Belgium and Croatia have both beaten us. It's coming home my fucking arse. Technically we are still well behind.

This team was so far away from the 1990 side that unluckily went down to West Germany on pens. A tournament that took me a while to get over and as Vin refers to above, I got over this as soon as I got my next can out of the fridge.

The weaknesses in this version outweigh the strengths by a long shot with our midfield nothing short of a joke. Maybe it's the culture nowadays maybe not but it's more than likely got something to do with the smaller crop of English players that play in the top leagues in that the average Joes find themselves elevated into the national spotlight with this lucky World Cup draw path putting false scenarios in peoples heads now to complicate things.

What makes it worse now is that the 2018 group will be paired with the 1990 lot and to an extent the 1966 winning side but the difference couldn't be further away. At least that record can be resigned to the bin again for the next couple of years minimum because football is not coming home for the considerable future.

Some got carried away with the media hype and then we came up against a 'streetwise' team tonight who bullied us from the start of the second half. Modric came more and more into the game until he was running it. We didn't have a Gazza or a Beardsley to combat that

England tonight reminded me of us under Pardew. No creativity, sideways passing and contained. Some periods allowed us to get ahead of ourselves with over achievement before the eventual fall.

Only difference being that transfers aren't an option and the next couple of tournament squads wont change much.