The World Cup Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

I'd say it's the worst Ireland team of all time. Even the dark days before Big Jack there were teams with great players like Liam Brady, John Giles etc.

This team could very well finish bottom of their group.

im afraid you are right, its the worst irish set up that i can remember, , they took a chance on a non league manager, no experience to build a new team, alas nice guys dont win ball games, although the last lot that were running it bankrupt the FAI ,,splashing the cash all over the place, a mick mcarthy is whats needed but id say twice bitten 3 times shy,,seanie

im afraid you are right, its the worst irish set up that i can remember, , they took a chance on a non league manager, no experience to build a new team, alas nice guys dont win ball games, although the last lot that were running it bankrupt the FAI ,,splashing the cash all over the place, a mick mcarthy is whats needed but id say twice bitten 3 times shy,,seanie

Kenny has had 1 win in 15, funnily enough against Andorra.

I always thought Chris Hughton would one day take on the job, I'd get him in now to try and stop the rot. It's a young squad, but that can't be an excuse for some of the dire results.

Only the three right backs starting for England I see….as us Villa fans know…you can never have too many right backs on the pitch at once! Steve Bruce was before his time, he really was. :yes:

I genuinely didn't even know England was playing until I put the radio on 15 minutes before kick-off and they were talking about the game!

That would never have happened many years ago but these days I only find international football boring and all-around disruptive.