The World Cup Thread | Page 94 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

Pochettino would have England playing good football, something this nation hasn’t really done for a very long time now.

There is absolutely no good English candidates out there. Time to look aboard. Southgate is a clueless **** and I can’t wait to see him fail miserably when he returns to the premier league.

Potter would be useful, you'd actually get everything that's supposedly good about Southgate in the form of a lad who does play some nice football. With that said I think Potter is probably too nice to actually win things and tbh I don't have much faith in Poch to win you's anything either.

I think you need to be a bit of a ruthless chunt at times to win things.

Why would anyone with ambitions to continue a career in top level football take the England job? Once you’re looking at that job you’ve given up on elite competitive football.

I genuinely think the FA just has a knack of picking the wrong person and especially the wrong person at the wrong time. Its an attractive job but its attractive like the way Liverpool were or United now. From the outside looking in, any manager worth their salt would think they could improve it.

And despite Southgate being a loser and dreadful let’s not forget that apart from one or two (at most), as usual we have an overhyped bunch of players carried week in week out by their more esteemed foreign colleagues at their sky wankfest clubs.

Saying on the radio that it’s too late to change manager now. Nah.I think it is the ideal time. New impetus, fresh ideas, They are all supposed to be elite players. They all play differently most of the year at their clubs and they don’t need much coaching, just the right set up. Be the FA thinking outside the box though .
Too late to change? For crying out loud. It's what every club does when they are in free fall - which is basically what this England team are. Do the FA want to add a humiliating drubbing g in the World Cup to this dreadful run?

I quite enjoyed the game last night in a dark sort of way. Their manager called it a miracle. I'd call it inevitable. Every time Hungary got the ball up the pitch they just looked like scoring. As usual the attack look unconvincing against a well organised defence. All you actually need is numbers in the box and England find it almost impossible to score.

Perhaps the FA will come in for Frank or Stevie Gee. Either would be a dream manager for the FA Neither have done a fat lot at club level just like Southgate .
It would free us up for Poch at Villa

Have'nt watched the last 4, dont even know what channel they were on. And last night I did'nt even know they were playing until I put SSN on at 10.00 and saw they lost 4.0
Really have lost interest in them.