The World Cup Thread | Page 63 | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

If I had my way I would scrap the whole bloody thing. Half way through November and there has already been 3 international breaks from the proper football. And then this time next year the season will shut down. Total Bollocks.

These qualifiers against the likes of Andorra, San Marino and Gibraltar do feel like a waste of time and to be honest I dont usually bother watching them. However back in the 80's and probably before then people used to say similar about England playing Iceland, Albania and Turkey - so some of these nations do develop. We regulalry used to thump Turkey 8-0 in the 80's but they've vastly improved and managed to reach the World Cup Semi Final in 2002. Iceland used to be a team of postmen, accountants and teachers when I was a kid but we know all too well just how much they've developed.
They still are mate, only we can't beat them anymore :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can’t believe not one single player, manager, member of staff, reporter, tv pundit or host has to date, not boycotted this awful competition.

It just doesn’t reconcile people are dying en masse to create our western entertainment.

No nor me, every country should pull out at the last minute if they really gave a shit but of course, they won't. Even Mr principles Tyrone will probably be there if he's selected.

I can’t believe not one single player, manager, member of staff, reporter, tv pundit or host has to date, not boycotted this awful competition.

It just doesn’t reconcile people are dying en masse to create our western entertainment.
I have decided that I will boycott it. I dont agree with it at all but most will be watching every match no doubt.

Apparently some arsehole without a ticket actually took a disabled fan from their carer and pretended to be the carer to try and access the stadium with them.

What the actual hell !. Lawless.

I cannot stand anything about our national team both on and off the pitch.