The World Cup Thread | Vital Football

The World Cup Thread

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Deserves a thread and deserves one that makes the political point first

I'm undecided whether I'll watch, I probably will because what difference will me not watching make? But I think it is sick that it is being held there, and the change in the months being played.

Then again, it is £i£a we are talking about.

Some people no doubt have been made very rich with the World Cup being given (I say given, I mean bungs and backhanders ££££) to a country that should never have got it, who care not one bit for human life, and have managed to kill 6500 migrants building the stadia

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...grant-worker-deaths-qatar-fifa-world-cup-2022

And onto the football.

England fixtures, feel free to discuss any country you happen to support, I'm only interested in England... not Engerland

Screenshot 2021-08-29 20.38.41.png

England squad:
Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope (Burnley)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Coady (Wolves), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Tripper (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United), Declan Rice (West Ham)

Forwards: Patrick Bamford (Leeds United), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Jadon Sancho (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)

Don't know the extend of the injury to Mings and so he might be replaced? cracked rib I believe?

it is kind of fitting that elite football has come to this. the most prestigious tournament we have handed to a country who bribed officials to get hold of it.
and nothing was done. I was hopeful once the FBI got involved but even that went very quiet .
FIFA are corrupt and have broken the beautiful game

i've had that and it isn't nice. Very very painful

I don't like to top trump you, but I will.

I have had every rib in my body broken, in several places, and metal clips plus a metal bar put in to hold them up. The bar then came loose and had to be taken out. Repeat that several times.

There, are you squirming?!

I laugh at your cracked rib!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(But yes, very painful and difficult to play even with such a tame injury!!!!! LOL)

I find it so odd that we are (quite rightly) living in shame at terrible things in our western history such as slavery or the atrocities of the Nazi’s - yet this is happening before our eyes.

I just can’t comprehend people like Gary Linekar who has quite high morals about such things until it comes to his pay cheque.

I’m quite happy to boycott because it’s a crap location, crap time of year and England will under perform as usual.

I don't like to top trump you, but I will.

I have had every rib in my body broken, in several places, and metal clips plus a metal bar put in to hold them up. The bar then came loose and had to be taken out. Repeat that several times.

There, are you squirming?!

I laugh at your cracked rib!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(But yes, very painful and difficult to play even with such a tame injury!!!!! LOL)
jeez i can't even imagine. I was in pain coughing, sneezing, laughing (doesn't happen often anyway). Struggled at night to sleep

I can only assume I'll be shaving for these.

No interest at the best of times as most know, but I don't think watching Mings sit on the bench whilst Beaky fannies around with 11 right backs ticks the 'watch for the Villa box'.

The only bit I'm slightly tempted by are the usual mouth pieces who I know will do their level best to lose their morals for the duration.

Yeah, absolutely, you don't realise how important the ribs are until they hurt do you? It was a living nightmare, I have to admit.

Anyway, onto more cheerful things mate, the death toll in Qatar !!!!! :grinning:
having worked in the construction industry in the Middle East i know how little they value the lives of the foreign construction workers and the squalid conditions and barbaric contracts they have to endure . It is endemic out there with local families employing foreign maids and servants who are basically slaves trapped abroad.

I won't be watching this utter farce.

The worst thing is even if you don’t watch it, you won’t be able to get away from it either. I hope there is plenty of controversy off the back of this tournament, although it’s only a small thing the Norwegian and Germany players have worn T-shirts supporting human rights. But it needs much more than that, and players or teams refusing to go.

All the controversy we have in the U.K. about situations in the US, yet this is a problem which our now middle class sport funds, and it’s just not controversial. The reality is they are poor Muslims dying and they’re being treated like a commodity.

Last edited:
What do you mean MF?

The likes of Lineker and others who aren't exactly genuine they just base opinions on what they think will be best received on twatbook, as opposed to really believing in the opinions they spout.

Not just the knee, politics etc but their approach to football and what is dark age and disgusting behaviour and then what's passion and 'clever play' etc.