The What Are You Reading Thread! | Page 17 | Vital Football

The What Are You Reading Thread!

This one should be better; How Emotions Are Made - The Secret Life Of The Brain by Lisa Feldman Barrett. I've just started it. Hopefully, by the end of it I'll understand what it's like to have an emotion or a brain. :D

I'm reading a book called "Widowish" by Melissa Gould! A true story of a woman journey with her husband illness, loss and moving forward.

Told in the satirical humour with grit and love i like

I've just finished Klara and the Sun. It's a book about a robot by a Japanese guy. It's very sweet. Lovely really. I wouldn't normally read that type of fiction but I couldn't resist the Japanese author/robot combo.

Just started The Mirror and The Light, Hillary Mantel, the third book in the trilogy, after Wolf Hall and Bring up the Bodies.

I'm working on my 56th and 57th books of 2021. I'm usually listening to one book while in the car and at work and reading another book at night. I'm loving The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, however my favorite book so far this year was Daisy Jones and the Six. I loved listening to it, it felt like watching a Behind the Music documentary. There were different readers for each character. Also, if you're like me and audiobooks are slow you can speed up the rate. I usually listen to books at 1.5 or 1.75 speed and then my brain doesn't wander.

James O'brien "how not to be wrong" is next inline to read. Bought and in the pile. I like a quirky take on people and attitude as long as it's my kind of attitude 😉

Barbarossa by Jonathon Dimbleby and The Winter of Frankie Machine by Don Winslow.
Next on the list, The Sentinel by Lee Child. I like looking for the character named after a Villa player.

The last three novels by Jeffrey Archer, based on a detective from a previous series of books. My concentration levels aren't great at the moment so these are perfect just easy to follow and fairly compelling thrillers!

The last three novels by Jeffrey Archer, based on a detective from a previous series of books. My concentration levels aren't great at the moment so these are perfect just easy to follow and fairly compelling thrillers!

The William Warwick series ? Yes really good reads aren't they.

There is another one out in October I think.

The last post in this thread was almost 2 years ago. Either we don't do a lot of reading or we are shy about it.

Anyway, I've just ordered My Uncle Oswald. It's a Roald Dahl novel for adults. Apparently, it supports rape culture. If there is one thing we all love, it's rape culture. I figured I'd get it before they ban it.

I ordered the first book in the Slow Horses series. I needed something to get the free delivery so I'll give it a bash.

Used to love reading, I now don't read at all. Brain aches are mysterious things and I just don't have the concentration these days. Funnily enough, my dad couldn't understand that, no he has had his strokes, he is the same, and he used to read a couple of books a week.