The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 17 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

For all we know maupay is a good team man. All we know is he was a pain In the arse against us and is a proven goalscorer. Time will tell with Wesley. I don't agree with those saying they had initial doubts about benteke. He scored on his debut against Swansea and looked a player from game one.
How is Maupay a more proven goalscorer than Wesley. He may have scored a few more than Wes last year but you play 46 games in the championship. Has Maupay scored goals in the Champions League and Europa League? Wesley has

How is Maupay a more proven goalscorer than Wesley. He may have scored a few more than Wes last year but you play 46 games in the championship. Has Maupay scored goals in the Champions League and Europa League? Wesley has

He's not proven in the premier league at all is he. This fascination going on with Maupay and him being the answer to our goal scoring is pretty baffling to me.

He's not proven in the premier league at all is he. This fascination going on with Maupay and him being the answer to our goal scoring is pretty baffling to me.
Perhaps l have an advantage over the maupay doubters. I have seen him play several times and he is a full 90 minutes pain in the arse and a consistent goalscorer. Hopefully Wesley makes the grade as it's a giant step up to the premier League.

Perhaps l have an advantage over the maupay doubters. I have seen him play several times and he is a full 90 minutes pain in the arse and a consistent goalscorer. Hopefully Wesley makes the grade as it's a giant step up to the premier League.

Consistent. But not in the premier league. So no one knows.

Giant step from the EFL as much as from the Belgian league.

Wesley of course having played in the european cup though.

Consistent. But not in the premier league. So no one knows.

Giant step from the EFL as much as from the Belgian league.

Wesley of course having played in the european cup though.
The likes of cork city and Dundalk appear in the European cup or whatever the competition is called these days. You say tomartoes,l say tomaytoes,let's call the whole thing off.

The likes of cork city and Dundalk appear in the European cup or whatever the competition is called these days. You say tomartoes,l say tomaytoes,let's call the whole thing off.
Wesley has played group stages of the Champions League, latter stages of the Europa, scored against the likes of Monaco. Cork City, Dundalk and Neal Maupay haven't.

Don't honestly know why we're talking about this. The whole team has some settling to do, including Wesley.

If he was the walk-into-the-side-and-score-a-couple-of-worldies-each-game sort of player he wouldn't be playing for us. DS has a reputation for getting players to play the way he wants. It takes time though; witness the team we had at the end of last season versus the one which DS took over.

Benteke has only been any good for us.

I would have gone for Mitrovic for around the same money as Wesley cost.

Just way too early to see if he's going to succeed. DS got it spot on in his interview - only two games. We all see individuals in the team now who were written off as no good for the EFL let alone the EPL.

We are a club in transition and will continue to improve, we are in the owner's own words, a year ahead of schedule. That in itself has created it's own problems and we have had to adapt our strategy accordingly.

I'm glad we bought that goal scorers that you guys were banging on about. His run and finish for the first goal was superb but he made the second goal too with his hold up play. We bought a target man and a goal scorer in one!