The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 72 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

Got to be one of our worst signings ever? However, awful injury, glad he has got over that and wish him luck. Gobsmacked at how bad his control of the ball was, really surprised anyone else has signed him.
This. Pretty flimsy for a big lad too. I don't mean the injury, just general lack of muscle on the ball.

He was absolute dog shit for us and I'm absolutely gob smacked a 2nd tier club would risk signing him permanently, coz now he's broken dog shit....

But on a human level I hope he does well. No player deserves their career ruined by a bad tackle no matter how shit they are.
It’s only a 1 year contract, so similar to a loan, but with an ending. Fee unknown.

Great but of business to sell him, even if it’s for free, I was convinced we’d just pay up his contract or loan him to Brazil while subsidising all his wages

Great but of business to sell him, even if it’s for free, I was convinced we’d just pay up his contract or loan him to Brazil while subsidising all his wages
There is no doubt Villa are managing the wages of the squad aswell as looking to off load players for a fee if possible. Getting a loan fee for Sanson, then them paying his wages and including a fee to buy was also good business.

Got to be one of our worst signings ever? However, awful injury, glad he has got over that and wish him luck. Gobsmacked at how bad his control of the ball was, really surprised anyone else has signed him.

He's certainly up there with Bosco Balaban.

This. Pretty flimsy for a big lad too. I don't mean the injury, just general lack of muscle on the ball.

All of the stupid fouling he was doing too. It was just so unprofessional, like he was new to professional football. Then he felt hard done by because the refs wouldn't give him anything.

Anyway, best not to dwell on it.

Good luck to the lad. I hope he can make a career for himself.

Fair play to Club Brugge too, they really must have been laughing getting £22m from us.

Who the hell thought he was worth a club record fee? What did they actually see in him?

Bizarre.

Fair play to Club Brugge too, they really must have been laughing getting £22m from us.

Who the hell thought he was worth a club record fee? What did they actually see in him?

Bizarre.
Think it was circumstances and timing. We’d just come up, had to do a lot of business and desperately needed a CF. He was probably worth the risk for his potential and we probably couldn’t afford anyone else - or they wouldn’t come to a newly promoted team. You have to remember where we were at the time.

Think it was circumstances and timing. We’d just come up, had to do a lot of business and desperately needed a CF. He was probably worth the risk for his potential and we probably couldn’t afford anyone else - or they wouldn’t come to a newly promoted team. You have to remember where we were at the time.

Yeah, I get that, but still, I just don't see what they actually saw in him. He must have been great in Belgium and lost whatever attributes he had as soon as he signed for Villa.

We also did the classic thing of signing a big lad so stuck him up front by himself when his best position to date had been coming in off the left for Brugge.

We also did the classic thing of signing a big lad so stuck him up front by himself when his best position to date had been coming in off the left for Brugge.

He was never a left forward though at this level. His dribbling was (is) awful, probably his worst attribute and he had a few challengers to dribbling.

I read that quite a lot about him playing from the left, but his only hope in this league was to be a ball holding forward who could also get on the end of a cross.

Terrible player if were honest who seemed to want to fight everyone when it got physical.