The W.B.A. (H) Thread | Vital Football

The W.B.A. (H) Thread

cropped

Vital Squad Member
Who can stop the Rams getting into the play-offs? Only the Rams.

Win and it's job done.

Draw and Bristol City need to win by eight goals I think but a Boro victory would spell disaster.

Lose to the Baggies and a Bristol City win would spell disaster.
Lose to the Baggies and a Boro win would spell disaster.
Get hammered by a 7 goal margin and a Boro draw would spell disaster.

This is a nailed on Derby County win as the Baggies will be resting players ready for a two -legged affair with local rivals Villa.

Surely.

Surely? Any Rams with stones back me up?

Nice thoughts, cropped. Well intentioned too, but you can tell you’ve been spared being a Ram.
You may be right, let’s hope so, but never forget, we are Derby County... experts at clutching defeat from the jaws of victory!

As rA says, well intentioned crop but even the most ardent Ram knows life with DCFC follows a less simple path!! More likely, viz. West Brom don't want Villa in the 1st match and know a win against us may enable them to nick 3rd if Leeds lose their last match. Also they want revenge for us stuffing them at theirs and they won't want to go into the play-offs on the back of a defeat - momentum is everything. Oh, and we are good at bottling it!! Result: another season in the Championship for us!!

Last edited:
ramAnag and macstheman - I hear ya both but I am still backing the Rams to win! Baggies are on the way down IMO since they sacked 'Big Dave' - their position in the table is a slightly false one. We should get a prediction league going next season to see how bad my punditry really is!

I am also in the WBA will be at full strength and up for it camp. Despite our 1-4 win at theirs, we/Boro/Bristol would be the team they most want in the semis.

A very mixed bag today. BJ and Holmes guilty of giving the ball away too often. Lawrence put more into this one than normal but still commits way too many fouls for my liking. The rest did what they are paid for. Helped a little bit by WBA not having their shooting boots on. 60% possession and 23 shots to 8 and 13 to 2 on target tells the game's story. A well deserved win and the man of the match has to be Johnstone, their keeper. The penalty was a tad iffy but making any contact with a player travelling at speed can bring them down. Lawro hit the deck. Ref had no qualms and wasn't for turning. Robson-Kanu deserved to get his red. 5 other WBA players got yellows. Only Bennett for us for shirt removal. Derby's day. Roos - another good game. I really hope he signs a new contract soon Bogle - great cross for Waggy's gosl. Good all round game Keogh - How the hell they got him ready for this is anybody's guess but he was solid again Tomori - Showed why he got one of the POTS awards Malone - needs to close down the oppo's wide man quicker. Bogle is starting to do that now, Scott needs to learn from him. Holmes - busy little bee but too many bad passes BJ - Like Holmes, gave it away far too often. Still ahd a decent game. Mount - typical Mount game. Quality Lawro - Better than of late but really has to stop giving away so many fouls Waghorn - Playing well but injured and had to go off. Wilson - The more I see of him the more convinced I become that he is too lightweight to make the absolute top. Subs Evans - not on long enough to have an opinion Nugent - Decent enough replacement in general play but really should have ahd 1 and maye 2 goals Bennett - FL's love child does it again. Comes on decent display, the odd error and..... a goal. He's one of our own. All we have to do now is beat a team that deservedly did the double on us this season and then beat another that we also got doubled by or one we doubled....

Well done you Rams. I never doubted for one minute :rolleyes:

Think you'll come through against Leeds over two legs.

Well done you Rams. I never doubted for one minute :rolleyes:

Think you'll come through against Leeds over two legs.

Thanks cropped. I did...but we were pretty decent today...deserved the win and saw the match out well.
Any side that beats WBA 7-2 over the season can’t be so bad. We’ve only really come unstuck against Villa and Leeds all season...unfortunately they’re up next!

BTW - Am I the only one who lip-read FL when the second goal went in on Sunday? I am certain when he turned round to hug Jody he said "Mason F*ckin' Bennett"

Latest Rams News