The Vital World Cup thread. Comment, argue, debate... | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Vital World Cup thread. Comment, argue, debate...

So we have Croatia next...... pity, I rather fancied playing Russia, I think they’ve been great this tournament. Roll on Wednesday, I think we could win this too but not sure at all about Stirling, and we need Danny. Stirling may have pace and put the defences on edge but he makes many mistakes. We need solid play from now on with no showboating and Stirling has an ego. Kane needs to get in the play more too.

I’d rather have France in the final. I think Belgium would have been hard to beat. Face Alders and Verts in defence? Face De Bruyne and Hazard, Dembele, etc? Not for me. France may have won but I think it’s a better deal than Belgium, IF we beat Modders lot.

Well you got your wish Welshy....to be honest France looked so organised and well disciplined and completely snuffed out the Belgium threat...Lukaku did not get a look in, Hazaard was the only one who looked most likely for them. Demebele and 'Bruno' were shit for them, (nerves I reckon) ...Dembele looked overawed and not anywhere near International class. Well done Froggies...you were a class above them on the night.

Pogba & Kante > anything we have in the middle

Interestingly though France played Belgium on the counter. As Southgate wants us to maintain possession it may make it less of a midfield battle which could be a good thing.

England look like crap. Rose easily beaten for goal in 4th min. Belgium look dangerous every time on attack...England are, well not dangerous.

FINALLY GS is giving Rashford some play time. He is on for Sterling at half. Rose off as well

Depressing to see what we are going to be missing when Toby leaves

And Hazard shows us again what it would look like if we had a great attacking midfielder.

England look like crap. Rose easily beaten for goal in 4th min. Belgium look dangerous every time on attack...England are, well not dangerous.

I have to say we may struggle to give Rose away. We need to find a quality LB and I'm not convinced by Rodriguez.