The Vital World Cup thread. Comment, argue, debate... | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Vital World Cup thread. Comment, argue, debate...

think everyone in the world fears Mbappe tbh. Griezmann is dangerous too. Kante and Pogba in midfield is a pairing most won't be able to handle either. Why do you say no one fears them?

To be able to leave out Martial, Benzema and Lacazette and still have one of the most exciting attacking lines in the world says a hell of a lot.

I'm not saying they're going to walk the next few international tournaments but they looked strong going in and maintained it through to the end.

All in all an excellent tournament, mostly down to the football rather than anything Russia did. Almost every team in the tournament fought hard and produced some brilliant moments. Gutted it's over tbh.

Their two CB's are probably the best pairing in world football as well.

Still don't get the hype for Pogba. Very overrated. Good athlete mind.

Their two CB's are probably the best pairing in world football as well.

Still don't get the hype for Pogba. Very overrated. Good athlete mind.

I don't get what's not to like. He's Dembele if Dembele scored goals and could ping 40 yard passes with the outside of his boot. He's still young so doesn't boss every game but there's very few CMs in the world who have more in their locker.

There were lots of great moments but the absolute highlight was the penalty shootout and the celebrations afterwards. Still makes me want to yell YES!!!

My team of the tournament - Schmeichel, Trippier, Varane, Mina, Hernandez, Kante, Modric, Hazard, Griezman, Mbappe, Kane

I know what you're all thinking. No Young at LB !!!

I am thinking why you have included Griezmann, he’s been average for most of the tournament. And his selection in the French team is based more on reputation than performances. Not sure I would have Kane in my team either. I have been impressed by a couple of technically adept, Japanese MF players & unquestionably De Bruyne.

I am thinking why you have included Griezmann, he’s been average for most of the tournament. And his selection in the French team is based more on reputation than performances. Not sure I would have Kane in my team either. I have been impressed by a couple of technically adept, Japanese MF players & unquestionably De Bruyne.

I actually think Griezman is more than worth his place in the French team. He's like Eriksen for Spurs in that everything comes though him and he puts in a big shift and enables their tactics. Whilst he started the tournament quietly he finished it very strong in the last 2 games.

As for Kane, I don't think there was one outstanding striker in the tournament but he was the Golden Boot winner. I thought about Ronaldo for his hatrick against Spain. That was a great moment in football history.

I absolutely loved this World Cup, and it's not just because England got to the semis ( I think ).

I just can't get excited about another PL season though, same old same old.