The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 465 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

I'm a bit wrecked today. Just chilling on the sofa listening to Bop's ethereal tunes. If you are interested, you'll probably need headphones. Here's an example:

Fair play to him!

Elvis Costello has defended pop star Olivia Rodrigo after she was accused of lifting one of his guitar riffs.
Brutal, a track on Rodrigo's number one album, is based around a punky chord sequence that also featured in Costello's 1978 hit Pump It Up.
But when a Twitter user said Rodrigo's song was "pretty much a direct lift", Costello replied: "This is fine by me.
"It's how rock & roll works," he wrote. "You take the broken pieces of another thrill and make a brand new toy."
He added: "That's what I did."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57650176

I do like OK Computer a lot, and came to like their more electronic albums over time, but after Hail To The Thief (which is a great album) I lost interest.

I saw them live on the 'In Rainbows' tour and it was the most boring concert I've ever been to. Not exactly a band for an outdoor summer evening gig.

I just didn't get it, which disappointed me but I know plenty of others love it. Maybe it's time I gave it a second go, but my reaction to it turned me off the band completely so I've never even heard Thief.

I just didn't get it, which disappointed me but I know plenty of others love it. Maybe it's time I gave it a second go, but my reaction to it turned me off the band completely so I've never even heard Thief.

Yeah, no harm going back with fresh ears, I was the same with 'Kid A' and 'Amnesiac', thought they had lost the plot completely but then I get hooked on a song like Idioteque or Pyramid Song and I'm curious and then start to like the album.

If you like concept albums, you should like this.

It's called Transitus by Ayreon (Arjen Anthony Lucassen). He's a master of prog and classic rock. All his albums are concept albums which tell a story.... like a rock opera.

Here's is a trailer;

In memory of Ian Curtis who would have been 65 years old on Thursday 15th July 2021.

Ironically the last gig Ian did fronting Joy Divison was in Birmingham before he sadly killed himself 16 days later......It's a poor recording but the only one so but better than nothing!
Joy Division Live at Birmingham University- Ceremony [Gig Version] May 2, 1980

Last edited:
In memory of Ian Curtis who would have been 65 years old on Thursday 15th July 2021.

Ironically the last gig Ian did fronting Joy Divison was in Birmingham before he sadly killed himself 16 days later......It's a poor recording but the only one so but better than nothing!
Joy Division Live at Birmingham University- Ceremony [Gig Version] May 2, 1980

Atmosphere :bow: