The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 464 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Ha, never sure about congratulations but I have got the two original Willbury albums, all great performers in their own right.
I saw Dylan with another hero Tom Petty at NEC Circa 1982ish.
Dylan was in one of his moods, but Petty was superb.

fantastic music ,all put together by jeff lynne, a most brilliant musician ,who can make the world go round and round and a proud brummie as well. seanie

Away from the ones everyone knows (Going underground, Malice etc) there are some absolutely great ’lesser’ known Jam songs.

Was too young when they were around but got into them when it was the Brit pop era etc. Went right back through their catalogue and it blew me away.

Love the fact that they never got back together . No need.

There is a Sky Arts doc that kicks about every so often . The story of The Jam - about the young idea . Good watch.

Away from the ones everyone knows (Going underground, Malice etc) there are some absolutely great ’lesser’ known Jam songs.

Was too young when they were around but got into them when it was the Brit pop era etc. Went right back through their catalogue and it blew me away.

Love the fact that they never got back together . No need.

There is a Sky Arts doc that kicks about every so often . The story of The Jam - about the young idea . Good watch.

yeah. Got a cd called Extras. Some absolute gems.

Welles definitely broke them up on absolute high. You can understand why Foxton and Buckler were so gutted

I might be in the minority, but I'm really into my 138 bpm trance I've been a trance for over 20 years now, so you could say it's in my blood

Listening to Greta Van Fleets latest offering. Having grown up with Zepp
Im never to sure what to make of this band.

Listening to Greta Van Fleets latest offering. Having grown up with Zepp
Im never to sure what to make of this band.

Not sure what to make of the lead singers voice. They can certainly play can't they!? As you say, a Zepp like thing, but also, with his high voice, Rush like as well. But something seems to turn me off. Suppose, just easier, to play Rush or Led Zepp! lol

Not sure what to make of the lead singers voice. They can certainly play can't they!? As you say, a Zepp like thing, but also, with his high voice, Rush like as well. But something seems to turn me off. Suppose, just easier, to play Rush or Led Zepp! lol
Yes, I think the voice is over the top, plus that stupid starry designed outfit he wears.
Can you believe that I had never listened to Rush until a few years back.
I am a big Floyd fan, and like prog rock in general, and came upon Rush by accident.
What a fantastic band.

That is what I was listeneing to that prompted the post.
I do actually quite like the album.

Listened this morning, think the musicianship is fantastic, enjoyed it, but not sure how long I could listen without the voice grating. Which is odd because I do like Rush (albeit, there were a lot of fillers on their stuff!) and love Led Zepp