The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 457 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Controversial.

I actually liked everything up to and including Pop. Then they said they were going to go back to their roots and ditch the electro elements and that sounded exciting, but it was just bland rubbish.

I did enjoy No Line on The Horizon , but as you say that statement was controversial.

The Unforgettable Fire is sublime and what else can you say about the Joshua Tree.

To be fair, I never really listened to any albums after Pop, the singles like Beautiful Day, Vertigo, Elevation etc. just put me off.

I'm sure there's some songs scattered here and there I would like. Electrical Storm was a great song.

I was fine with everything U2 did up to the last two albums, they are really poor, the last one just baffles me.

That year alone saw the release of AC/DC's Back In Black, Ozzy Osbourne's Blizzard Of Ozz, Judas Priest's British Steel, Iron Maiden's self-titled debut, Rush's Permanent Waves, Van Halen's Women And Children First, Motörhead's Ace Of Spades, Saxon's Wheels Of Steel, and Scorpions' Animal Magnetism. And of course, Black Sabbath's Heaven And Hell.

WHAT a year for Metal fans! In bold, some of my all time favourite albums

https://www.songfacts.com/blog/interviews/tony-iommi-black-sabbath-heaven-and-hell

Another by Tony Iommi https://www.guitarworld.com/features/tony-iommi-names-his-top-5-dio-era-black-sabbath-riffs

This is my favourite Leonard Cohen tune.

This album " Songs Of Leonard Cohen" has followed me through life and been played in every home I've lived in.

I never tire of it and never will.

This is my favourite Leonard Cohen tune.

This album " Songs Of Leonard Cohen" has followed me through life and been played in every home I've lived in.

I never tire of it and never will.

YOu heard his last album? If not, give yourself a treat mate (although I think we've exchanged about it before and that you have!)

I love watching reaction videos on Youtube, specially Nighwish reactions. This is a cleverly put together compilation of various 'reactors' to THE greatest Live recording of a song EVER, and I mean EVER..... Ghost Love Score.

Please watch and enjoy.................