The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 436 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

I probably should know who they are, but have never heard of them. Shows how out of the loop I am, apart having a fondness for those two rapping chavs that Melon Donkey is a big fan of, lol.

Same thing today at home where my mam and sister were playing some new guy, and they couldn't believe I hadn't heard about him.

I think I've lost a lot of interest in seeking out current music to be honest.

You've hit your mid 30's menopause..........:fish: :surrender:

Me too, mate. In fact, I have been spending more time looking into artists from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s who have passed me by. Trying as hard as I might not to sound like my parents, modern music is broadly shite - they don't make them like they used to.

Exact same.

There's a world of great music out there I haven't heard, and I'm always finding bands and artists from previous decades.

I think I'm the same with movies. I can barely be arsed with new releases but keep finding gems from the 80's or 90's that I've never seen before.

I just thought I'd be a bit older before the "menopause" kicked in, as Northampton put it :lol:

I saw this documentary called "Searching For Sugar Man" on Spanish tv a few weeks ago. It's a fascinating story and the guy is really talented with the sort of haunting voice you seem to think you've heard before.

Storyline
In the early 1970s, Sixto Rodriguez was a Detroit folksinger who had a short-lived recording career with only two well received but non-selling albums. Unknown to Rodriguez, his musical story continued in South Africa where he became a pop music icon and inspiration for generations. Long rumored there to be dead by suicide, a few fans in the 1990s decided to seek out the truth of their hero's fate. What follows is a bizarrely heartening story in which they found far more in their quest than they ever hoped, while a Detroit construction laborer discovered that his lost artistic dreams came true after all.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2125608/

This is a wonderful song from the guy himself.

rs-144227-0fc834d1d9b44323660aa6c0e26293c62da48460.jpg

Mine's this.