The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 416 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

She had an incredible voice without a doubt. Her version of this classic is hard to beat too. Her phrasing on the word everywhere towards the end of the song.....:bow: Love it.

I've loved The Chi-Lites ever since first hearing "Have You Seen Her" and the music really takes me back to the early 70s and reminds me of sitting in our front room in the house in Aston playing a Chi-Lites album.

I seem to be in Soul music mood this morning having played the Chi-Lites Album and now another early 70's band: The Delfonics.

db2b3b890c1f2f898bd988109c72ae1b436466c1.jpg

Mr Fear got me thinking about Deep Purple who for me always balanced on a knife edge between brilliance and over indulgence. This classic from the In Rock album is the former I think.

What a live band Bowie put together around this time. This version of I'm Afraid Of Americans, from my favourite Bowie live album (recorded in 2000 at the BBC Radio Theatre), blows the studio version away IMO. :clap:

Great song, and also a great live album. good choice!

I've loved The Chi-Lites ever since first hearing "Have You Seen Her" and the music really takes me back to the early 70s and reminds me of sitting in our front room in the house in Aston playing a Chi-Lites album

Looks like you and I have a similar philosophy when it comes to music TH. Despite being primarily into rock and pop as a boy, as I got older I had mates who were into soul, funk and reggae and consequently have always had broad taste and an open mind. Since my later teenage years, I have found music I like in most genres.

Seem to have a vivid memory of Pans People dancing to Have You Seen Her :eek!:Here's a few pop soul classics from those days.

Today's performance at Wednesday needs to resemble this.

As one of the youtube comments says, "the Sweeney with guitars". Loved Wilko but Gippy Mayos guitar in this is monstrous.

Just came across these two Bowie remixes of tracks from The Next Day and Black Star. Both bring something different to great original tracks.

Bowie was keen on further collaborating with LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy. Given this remix, it's a shame we will never hear anything else. Love the way he incorporates elements of Ashes to Ashes around the 5m30 s mark.

Last edited:
Almost forgotten when assessing British 1970's rock music, The Pink Fairies were an anarchic collective of pre-punk, Ladbrooke Grove space cadets with an ever changing line up, a close affinity with Hawkwind and later links to Motorhead.

On their day (if not completely out of it), they were a blinding live band and one of my earliest grown up gigs around 75-76. Here's two tracks with nearly 50 years between them....:clap:

Last edited: