The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 468 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

I failed to get tickets, didn't get up on time! I am wondering whether to do corporate for it, as I've no plans to have a holiday this or next year.

While on holiday I had the misfortune to see some pretty poor excuses for musical entertainment.

One of the worst was that Jon Courtenay guy who somehow managed to win BGT. Think I'm going to get my guitar out and do a bit of practising if that's the level it takes to win it. Mind you there were worse than him including the worst Queen tribute band ever.

Did you go to the final gig Mate?

No, went to the tour before last, was lucky enough to get a back stage pass because my mate used to chauffeur them around at times, mostly Tony Iommi I believe.

I did try to get Villa to propose the final concert was done at VP, would have been an epic way to end things I thought, just a stones throw from where they were born! As you know, never happened though! lol

One of my favourite bands from the last decade. They released their first album under the name Beastmilk, but after some band members left they changed the name to Grave Pleasures. There's a lot of Joy Division influence there among other goth rock and punk bands.

Great Charlie Watts story

At one point, Jagger referred to Charlie Watts as "my drummer".

Writes German: "[Jagger said] something like: 'None of this should matter to you because you're only my drummer.'

"[Watts] kept it bottled inside until he got back to his hotel room. He then clicked off his TV, put on his shoes, walked down the hall and knocked on Mick's door. When the lead singer of the Rolling Stones opened it, his drummer clocked him on the jaw. Charlie then turned round and calmly walked away.

"Keith [Richards] saw Charlie in the hallway and asked him where he was coming from. The laconic Charlie answered: 'I've just punched Mick Jagger in the face' - and kept walking."