The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 467 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Morning col.
This is really wierd, because I came on here to ask if anyone had purchased an Amazon Echo Studio, which claims to play Dolby Atmos when linked to supporting films.
I am on a thirty day trial with Amazon, and am interested what device you are using to access your music.

Currently I am using headphones but it has made me want to upgrade to a decent set as the sound is so much better, it kind of richer without being knobby.

Currently I am using headphones but it has made me want to upgrade to a decent set as the sound is so much better, it kind of richer without being knobby.
Yes, I think earphones are different again, you feel more in touch with the music.
The claims in the review sites re Dolby Atmos in supported films via Echo Studio paired with Firestick may or may not be correct.
It was very difficult to pair, and was only succesfully done when Amazon support took over the tv, and after a while managed to do it.
Not impressed with sound from Studio when tv linked, but I have to say when played on its own, with decent HD music the output both in terms of quality and volume, with no discernable disstortion is surprisingly good.
The firestick has gone back for a refund, but I have taken an Amazon £7.99 p/m subscrition that give 75 million songs and albums on the Echo, many versions remastered to HD UHD or 3D, and I think that will stay.

I bought some Samsung ear buds about 6 weeks ago.
They are very good but dangerous if you set them to block all ambient noise. Especially around roads!