The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 448 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

Sadly it looks like the new album is on hold.

I'm not a fan of this track TBH hopefully the album will be better.

Just watched the Sweet Summer Sun Rolling Stones gig in Hyde Park on Sky and they were brilliant - my all time favourite band and they just keep going and really hoping that they are going to release another album - Living is a Ghost Town is a great teaser for it I hope.
Having watched some great tracks from their backlist at the gig, it prompted me to get out my vinyl and listening to Sticky Fingers (sleeve complete with the zipper) and Some Girls (with the face changes from the inner sleeve). Some classic tracks and Jagger and Richards at their very best!!

I have a soft spot for Bryan Adams, he has some great songs. Although I get a bit emotional now and again when I hear him, as the girl who babysitted me and my siblings our whole childhood and just lived up the road was killed in a car crash with friends on the way to one of his concerts in the US. She was only 18. I was so fond of her. Seems like a lifetime ago.

A sad song that was written by Rod Stewart around 1975 about the true killing of "Georgie" who was a gay friend of the Faces. Rod certainly camps it up singing the song on this video!

Last edited:
So many great songs evoking different memories of people and places throughout each decade.

I still find it hard to believe that David is no longer with us.

Last edited:
Bit of a blow... Kasabian have announced lead singer Tom is stepping down with immediate effect. Be interesting what they do now.

Don't know much about them apart from a few tracks obviously, but fair play on their line on this and I would say the line 'we were led to believe....; will end any 'anyone makes a mistake blah' comments they'll now no doubt be getting.

Shame others aren't as up front - so credit to them.

Become a right mess, I would think this wasn't just one incident, Tom and Serge were best mates, so you wouldn't just abandon unless you'd tried all ways to sort issues. But for me, the stance was right.

Serge is the major driving force behind the band, but as MD says, so difficult to replace a lead singer.

Shame, Deano, another mate and me have seen them many times including different places in Europe. But the bands stance is correct.