The Vital Villa Music Thread | Page 420 | Vital Football

The Vital Villa Music Thread

When it comes to drums (which I love) no one beats Ginger Baker maybe a close second Keith Moon who was also brilliant although that's debatable!?

To me the rock music Cream put out is fantastic and they will always remain my favorite rock band,

Has a band ever been so individually talented??..Jack Bruce, Eric Clapton & Ginger Baker...............Thanks for the memories guys and the great music

Clapton on 2.10 WOW

Last edited:
Always loved this Lieber/Stoller song since the old man introduced me to the Fats Domino version as a boy, but despite the slightly annoying delay on the vocals,
Muddy Waters knocks it out of the ball park.:clap:

I have just discovered this astonishing piece of work by Paddy McAloon. As far as I am concerned, it is a work of genius. If you have a heart and love music then you must give it a listen. It's 22 minutes long and heartbreakingly moving......

Here is a sample of the spoken word poetry it contains.

"Repeat after me: happiness is only a habit
I am listening to the face in the mirror
But I don't think I believe what she's telling me
Her words are modern, but her eyes have been weeping
In gardens and grottoes since the Middle Ages
This is the aftermath of fever
I cool the palms of my hands upon the bars
Of an imaginary iron gate
Only by an extreme act of will can I avoid
Becoming a character in a country song
'Lord, you gave me nothing, then you took it all away.'
These are the sorrowful mysteries
And I have to pay attention."

we were talking about this in another thread, the interesting thread probably.

Noel's new track

He's done two solo albums, first is good, second is better in my humble. Shows very clearly (again) when you listen to his solo stuff and then listen to Liam's, who has the talent!

He's done two solo albums, first is good, second is better in my humble. Shows very clearly (again) when you listen to his solo stuff and then listen to Liam's, who has the talent!

I didn't really get the hype around Liam's solo album, I heard a few tracks and they were all "meh".

At least Noel is doing something different, certainly going by that track anyway.

Spot on sjh.

Deano and me went to see Liam live and that was massively hype over substance as well. And a chavvy aggressive atmosphere as well.

Whereas Noel live is great. Seen him three times now, one as support to U2 ("I'd like to thank U2 for closing my show.") one in Amsterdam (ace lol) and one in brum. Totally different atmosphere