The Villa Shop - Utter Joke | Vital Football

The Villa Shop - Utter Joke

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Went to the game today with Deano and his little one, Buddy (3 nearly 4 !)

We took him to the shop because Deano was going to buy him a hat, scarf and gloves.

NOTHING. Not a single thing available for kids (of any age) Not claret and blue hats? Gloves? Scarves (for kids)? Nowt.

Went to the kiosk in the Trinity, it had even less.

I find this pathetic. Just how amateur were the previous lot running Villa?

The new lot, to be fair, probably have their hands tied with inherited/legacy contracts that they will want to get out of. Still not sure it should be beyond us to get a few basics into the shop though.

Anyway, ridiculous, these are the precious little things you get as a kid that gets you hooked to the club, instead he got cold and disappointed instead - and that was before the rubbish football started!

No bobble hats or gloves at this time of year?

Jesus.

One of my first games with mate and his old man, the shop for a hat for some warmth was probably the first Villa merchandise I ever had.

Never bother with the shop , can only really get there on matchdays and then it is to busy and the queue's are too long. Having a shop in town was good , but realise that wasn't cost effective , but now if I need anything I get it from the online store .

Same with the catering, burgers / hotdogs etc are better outside the ground than the crap they churn out inside and that's saying something.

Don't get me started on the catering inside the ground. It is the worst of the worst, beyond a disgrace. An embarrassment of the highest order. Took me 35 minutes to get a bottle of water across half-time at the QPR game. Utterly ridiculous.

Agree MF... should have been his first memory of the day, getting his first Villa hat etc.

Yup, it's those tiny moments when getting someone hooked I think. Sod the game, Buddy would've gone away happy with his swag and a positive memory. Proof in point, I remember getting my hat, I remember my time in the shop looking but I have no idea what the game was!

Deano will sort him no doubt though lol

Got my first scarf from Harry Parkes shop. No shop at ground then, only bovril. Selling scarves not good enough for Ellis bye bye Harry

My wife tried to buy a hat before the QPR game and we put the fact that there weren’t any down to Christmas sales. But still not to have any now is commercially bonkers. Also when ordering on line you have to have a different password and log in for the store than for AVFC. My first order was never fulfilled at all. If the yard stick is Amazon we are in the dark ages. But who do you complain to?