The Universe and Religion n/g | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Universe and Religion n/g

Then hopefully you can explain it to me as I am struggling to understand it

After 3 Square meals (+fish and chip supper) washed down with several flagons of Stella, LSB gave himself an extra hour in bed the following morning.
Since then , he's been acting rather God-ly like for my liking.
Like Gazza in the dentist's chair , he doesn't appear to be taking his training too seriously.

After 3 Square meals (+fish and chip supper) washed down with several flagons of Stella, LSB gave himself an extra hour in bed the following morning.
Since then , he's been acting rather God-ly like for my liking.
Like Gazza in the dentist's chair , he doesn't appear to be taking his training too seriously.

I've not had any alcohol since the final, but I did have a few hours in bed the next day. I'm nearly at my peak!
I didn't think you believed in God...

Last edited:
scientists are always wrong eventuality as another theory is put forward. As are/were religious thinkers.

first we had religious thinkers and much of their beliefs have not been proven to be wrong and some shown to be craperoo.

the yogic Sanskrit guys predicted the quantum theory and that everything was a force including atoms and consciousness thousands of years ago. The existence of a conscious force has always been in religions e.g. faith can move mountains etc and mind travel.

i was taught at school that mountains were created by erosion now replaced by plate theory.
we received input by the limit of our senses and for some reason did not believe anything outside of that. Now instrument extend these inputs.

There may be many forces waiting to be discovered just like everything was questioned with the discovery of gravity, wireless, relativity and quantum physics.

We have now picked up thought as a force in experiments where a person wills something to move and a receiver picks up the wave and moves machinery.

There is no irrefutable evidence that time does not have an impact on everything its only a theory. Quantum belief from some shows that matter can be created or impacted by a conscious force!

The argument that 'it just is' could be correct but that is what religions have been saying forever lol.

The argument that the universe is endless is basically because we cannot measure these distance - similar to our theory of a flat earth and we have not been there lol.

Love this this thread, Tarian.

You didn't answer my question. I know I often don't answer yours! If we're gonna talk cosmic stuff it'd be good to know if you've ever been on a 'trip,' or if you have had any other kind of religious/spiritual experiences, before we start.

Have you heard of the 'stoned ape theory (hypothesis really) of evolution'?

You didn't answer my question. I know I often don't answer yours! If we're gonna talk cosmic stuff it'd be good to know if you've ever been on a 'trip,' or if you have had any other kind of religious/spiritual experiences, before we start.

Thank you - and the other contributors.

And....
I created time...
Followed by Nobby's off-topic to Rashford's pen.

No.

No.

if only when on a trip how do you know its not just a chemical imbalance creating a dreamstate only in your head lol.
theres a difference between tapping into the universe and just being out of your head lol.

none of my weird experiences have been created by drugs - honest guv.

bit like a malfunctioning robot thinking it has discovering the truth lol.

if only when on a trip how do you know its not just a chemical imbalance creating a dreamstate only in your head lol.
theres a difference between tapping into the universe and just being out of your head lol.

none of my weird experiences have been created by drugs - honest guv.

bit like a malfunctioning robot thinking it has discovering the truth lol.

Maybe, for sure.

I'm not a religious person but I have experienced things.

Definitely a difference between tapping into the universe and being out of your head. You can be out of your head and not tap into the universe but unless you're out of your head it's pretty difficult to truly tap into the universe.

There are of course other ways of getting out of your head without ingesting psychoactive substances but they take many years of practice and dedication.

Humans have been ingesting psychoactive substances for millennia and I have a hunch that the experiences people have had whilst doing so has much to do with the formation of religious thought.

Anybody who has experienced such things whilst off their head will understand what I mean. Those who have never had any such experiences are more likely to be sceptical and suggest that such experiences are simply due to the dreamlike state that the chemical imbalance in the brain has induced.

Nothing can be proven either way, it is all down to personal experience; and you've either experienced something or you haven't.

As I said, some people experience things without psychoactive substances. But their experiences are usually dismissed by sceptics too.

Last edited:
Maybe, for sure.

Definitely a difference between tapping into the universe and being out of your head. You can be out of your head and not tap into the universe but unless you're out of your head it's pretty difficult to truly tap into the universe.

There are of course other ways of getting out of your head without ingesting psychoactive substances but they take many years of practice and dedication.

Humans have been ingesting psychoactive substances for millennia and I have a hunch that the experiences people have had whilst doing so has much to do with the formation of religious thought.

Anybody who has experienced such things whilst off their head will understand what I mean. Those who have never had any such experiences are more likely to be sceptical and suggest that such experiences are simply due to the dreamlike state that the chemical imbalance in the brain has induced.

Nothing can be proven either way, it is all down to personal experience; and you've either experienced something or you haven't.

As I said, some people experience things without psychoactive substances. But their experiences are usually dismissed by sceptics too.

many high priests ( and maybe tarian) throughout history appear to have been on highs or psychedelic plan.

the sceptic part is true and hence i generally choose few individuals to discuss it with lol.

Maybe, for sure.

But if everyone was tripping , nothing would get done!
Who would be responsible for society ?