The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 87 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

He has everything you need to be a top CH. The only thing stopping it at times is what is between his ears? There are times to play and there are times to boot it into row Z. If he learns that he will be a top CH.

But he is shit though.

Sometimes he is, He gets criticism mainly when its deserved but also gets a lot of praise when he shows performances like today, He's certainly capable but needs to do it on a consistent basis which for me has been lacking lately, If he performs like he did today consistently there won't be another bad word said about him and a lot more praise would be heading his way, you can take the odd slip up now and then, just not when it becomes a habit, Today he had a fine game, I hope he's turned a corner.

Deserved some of the criticism he’s had this season at times but think his odd mistake has led to some OTT comments about his attitude, general ability and what he brings or rather doesn’t bring to the team. An integral part of a team which has kept 11 clean sheets in 21 games can’t be accused of having a poor season. Superb last week against the Saints and rightly getting plaudits for another top performance today.

Deserved some of the criticism he’s had this season at times but think his odd mistake has led to some OTT comments about his attitude, general ability and what he brings or rather doesn’t bring to the team. An integral part of a team which has kept 11 clean sheets in 21 games can’t be accused of having a poor season. Superb last week against the Saints and rightly getting plaudits for another top performance today.

I don't think anyone thinks he's a terrible player and 11 clean sheets means he's and the other 3 have done well, just as 24 goals shipped in the other 10 games suggests there have been a few bad games in there too. Sort of a 50/50 mix

Sometimes he is, He gets criticism mainly when its deserved but also gets a lot of praise when he shows performances like today, He's certainly capable but needs to do it on a consistent basis which for me has been lacking lately, If he performs like he did today consistently there won't be another bad word said about him and a lot more praise would be heading his way, you can take the odd slip up now and then, just not when it becomes a habit, Today he had a fine game, I hope he's turned a corner.

He gets criticism yes, and should like anyone but recently it has been well over the top in my humble , and not proportionate at all with everything he does analysed and pulled apart while other players roles ignored because it didn’t suit the posters argument .

Through this period I kept asking for direct examples of goals he cost alone and where there were not errors by others whether losing the ball or not tracking back etc.
Like the 2nd Spam goal. Error by Watkins, ball travels the length of the pitch and Emi doesn’t judge it well . Many elements of the team play were at fault there .

Last edited:
I think the bottom line is that he isn't a lucky defender.

Everyone makes mistakes but he's had games where he's say made 2 goal line saves but also lost the ball and it's ended in a goal. If so has he had a good game or a bad one?

Generally I am happy with all our defence and the stats say we should be.

I don't think anyone thinks he's a terrible player and 11 clean sheets means he's and the other 3 have done well, just as 24 goals shipped in the other 10 games suggests there have been a few bad games in there too. Sort of a 50/50 mix

No I don’t think the majority think he’s terrible. He’s made a few errors like most players thus far but seems to get more stick than praise. Overall I think he’s having a decent season but looking back through the thread, he generally gets less praise when he performs well but plenty of stick from those who shall we say don't seem to like him or rate him very highly, either when he makes an error or at times, even if he doesn’t. He’s far from perfect but some of the criticism he’s got, not necessarily always on here but from fans on social media generally has in my opinion been totally out of proportion to the merits of his overall contribution so far this season.

Yes and rightly so.

Whilst watching the game I wasn't in the forum and like JP came in here to praise him during the match.

Some people go over the top yes, and others will praise him rectifying his own mistakes, everyone has an opinion rightly and wrongly, I think the vast majority in this forum have pretty balanced views, call it as they see him playing shit and praise him when he's doing well.

It's no different to calling Luiz, McGinn, Cash, Watkins, Traore, Trezeguet to name several who have had mistakes called out this season, during a season we're beating all expectations, No one likes losing a game, that's football, I love any player that plays for the club and gives 100% but it doesn't mean I'll act like there's a constant rainbow shining out their arse.