The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 98 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Interesting stats.
Since the start of 2020, no central defender has had more caps than Tyrone.
Against Croatia, Mings made the most interceptions, the most clearances of any England player and only Luca Modric (65) completed more passes (56).
I suppose that’s him out when Maguire comes back then.

Those with a certain nasal profile will always float to the top of the pile, regardless of the weight of any associated convictions.

Interesting stats.
Since the start of 2020, no central defender has had more caps than Tyrone.
Against Croatia, Mings made the most interceptions, the most clearances of any England player and only Luca Modric (65) completed more passes (56).
I suppose that’s him out when Maguire comes back then.

It doesn't matter if he scores 3 goals and keeps a clean sheet against Scotland he'll still be dropped for Harry Maguire.

So Mings has came out on a YouTube channel saying, he thought Villa had a good training ground until he went to Tottenham’s ground.

So now we don’t have a good training ground ? Since we’ve just pumped a shit load of money into it I’d thought it to be right up there with the Europe Elites but seems we’re not even close to Spurs.

I’m sure it’ll go down well with the owners, lets hope for a pragmatic approach and make ours even better than it already is.

So Mings has came out on a YouTube channel saying, he thought Villa had a good training ground until he went to Tottenham’s ground.

So now we don’t have a good training ground ? Since we’ve just pumped a shit load of money into it I’d thought it to be right up there with the Europe Elites but seems we’re not even close to Spurs.

I’m sure it’ll go down well with the owners, lets hope for a pragmatic approach and make ours even better than it already is.

Have you seen our new facilities. ?

Sorry Mike this time I disagree if you watch it, simply means it, we can’t keep saying everything is a throw away comment.

Sorry mate....research is good.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-club/hotspur-way/

A 45-bedroom players lodge with catering, treatment, rest and rehabilitation facilities was later added at Myddleton Farm next to the training site in 2018.[98][99] The lodge is mainly used by Tottenham's first team and Academy players, but it has also been used by national football teams – the first visitors to use the facilities at the site were the Brazilian team in preparation for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.[100]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C.#Training_grounds

Again we are playing catch up, the entire grounds with the whole 'climate change' ethos would blow Bodymoor away, but it's still a throw away comment as we are upgrading BM based on what players and coaches have asked for and we'll do more.

And JPA is also right - nothing says he's not commenting about St Georges anyway.

He could be speaking in terms of St George's Park, as opposed to Bodymoor?

TBH I read it like this Spurs website it as Villa’s training ground https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...ing-ground-england-star-wowed-by-hotspur-way/

But can see what you mean, although you know if it was Grealish he’d probably be tongue in cheek saying it’s not as good as Villa’s or it’s on par.

I still think it means Villa’s by the way he talks, otherwise he could word it a lot differently, or say it’s unbelievable if you really have to, but don’t then finish it off with I thought we had a good training ground until I came here, doesn’t really bode well from an England perspective either if you’re downplaying the England training ground.

@mike_field Definitely get that, and I totally believe in the owners, I just don’t think these comments are helpful, when you want to attract the best footballers you want to impress them where they’ll be training day in day out, and i definitely think our ambitions and the players we seek are on Spurs level.

It is what it is I guess.

Look at the outlets making it a story. It's a throwaway and they are after clicks from none news - I know, this is supposed to be my job but I won't do it.

St Georges or BM it's still irrelevant, look at the players we've signed saying BM is a cut above what they've experienced before. We don't have live in - that would blow a player away. We don't have climate change anymore (Lerner did but Xia shit canned it) and I'm hoping NSWE bring it back - but again, it would blow a player away.

On the player front, they will see Spurs totally unfocused, whatever Mings meant counts for crap right now.

Again, it's none news in reality but it's the current market of journalism. Which shouldn't even be called that as it's not an oxymoron now, it's a downright insult to journalists who are trained and have ethics.

But this is the shit that gains traction.

So what if he did say that? Admittedly he could have phrased it better but it's just an opinion and no big deal in my book.

Anyway, apparently Spurs training ground cost more (£45M) so then it should be newer (like the ground) and better than what we currently have.

Leicesters training ground apparently cost £95M so that's probably the best one in the country if not Europe but players won't all be rushing to sign for them just because of it.

Don't forget we are still a work in progress plus our owners are fairly new to our club and continue to pump millions into the club and I'm sure that will include future improvements to Bodymoor Heath.

Spurs also have Daniel Levy running the show and I know which business management I prefer to see running the Villa;)

Last edited: