The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Crucial we sign Mings & Axel . They are the solid foundations we can build off
Crucial we sign Mings & Axel . They are the solid foundations we can build off

We have a deal that we can sign Tyrone, if we match, or better, any other fee offered for him.
Bournemouth bought him as a left-back but, purely because of injuries, he decided that centre-back would suit him more. Bournemouth couldn't offer him games at centre-back and that's how we got him on loan. I must say that for a player with very limited experience as a centre-back, he nailed it for the half season he played there for us.
The last I heard Man U would be happy to loan out Axel again. I would prefer a price be put on his head but am not too concerned either way because we will, I hope, have Kortney Hause, who formed an impressive partnership in central defence with Tyrone, until he was injured.

Any news yet of the injury he got making a superbly timed tackle, with the wrong foot I might add.
Cramp or massive short term pain with no lasting effects (but may have needed 5/10 minutes treatment that we couldn't afford to be 10 men at that stage.)

Celebrations he was moving fine and partying, so nothing lasting.

The last I heard Man U would be happy to loan out Axel again. I would prefer a price be put on his head but am not too concerned either way because we will, I hope, have Kortney Hause, who formed an impressive partnership in central defence with Tyrone, until he was injured.

If they're prepared to loan him out, they'd be prepared to sell for the right price. ANd we'll get Hause I'm sure, who actually looked very decent at left back when he played there. I could see all 3 in our defence next season.

OGS is playing the homegrown get back to roots line at Man U and yes he'll definitely look at Tuanzebe in pre-season. But bottom line is the sensible Man U fans who want him in the side will be outnumbered by the idiots who demand money is spent because they are entitled to get the best.

I would not be surprised if he was back with us next year, we'll just have to be patient and potentially pay what he might be worth next year to make it happen.

Interesting comment by JT after the game. Was asked about how good it was working with Tyrone. He said straight away it's not just Tyrone, the whole back 4 were brilliant and he was very happy as to how the training went.

Think we owe JT quite a lot as to how solid we've become at the back.

JT has also effectively said he'll be here next year. Reckon he's still learning at coaching under DS, described himself as the YTS kid. In no hurry to get into management. Obviously enjoying it.

My mate, (long time Villa fan), lives in Bournemouth. The Bournemouth fans he's spoken to are desperate see Tyrone back and are pissed off that he was allowed to come to us. They were gasping for us to lose on Sunday.

Not an old boy with a ST in the Doug Ellis stand by any chance?

I met a top bloke living in Bournemouth whilst sat in a pub on a long weekend watching Hull away who I seem to recall said he played for Villa over something walking team, and drove up to every home game. He must’ve been in his 70’s, top commitment

He appears to be no longer following them on Twitter either, Come on Villa get it done

If you read the Smith / Purslow transfer interview then we no longer want players on load just to boost their value for the parent club. So I think it's either deal or no deal.

To quote Purslow ..
“We’ve had a lot of players this year who we don’t own. They’re a lot more valuable now than when they joined us and if we try to buy them it’s like, ‘Well, you improved them so now pay more’.
“That’s a terrible business model and we’re not going to be doing that in the future.”

From the local Bournemouth Echo:

Aston Villa 'determined' to sign AFC Bournemouth defender Tyrone Mings, claims report

"PROMOTED Aston Villa are “determined” to sign Tyrone Mings from Cherries, according to Sky Sports.
The 26-year-old defender played 18 times for Villa this season, helping them return to the top flight with victory over Derby County in Monday’s Championship play-off final."

"Sky claim Cherries boss Eddie Howe “is prepared to let him leave Bournemouth for the right price and Mings prefers a move to Villa”.
However, the report also suggests former Chippenham ace Mings has attracted the interest of “a number of other Premier League clubs”.

Article..... https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/s...rnemouth-defender-tyrone-mings-claims-report/

One thing I hope for next season... that Tyrone is in a Villa shirt with 40k chanting a song worthy of him.

Hes here hes there....

Nagh, not good enough for him, and the swearing means kids cant sing it (you may laugh but its a huge deal, someone just said on the final thread, they were doing the gardening singing Weve got McGinn, kids should idolise TM the same way i did McGrath, Yorke etc. And he needs a song worthy.

Personally, I'd go oldschool

"Mingsy, Oh Mingsy, You're the greatest, the Holte End say"

But as long as its original to Villa and the whole ground can sing it, i will be happy

One thing I hope for next season... that Tyrone is in a Villa shirt with 40k chanting a song worthy of him.

Hes here hes there....

Nagh, not good enough for him, and the swearing means kids cant sing it (you may laugh but its a huge deal, someone just said on the final thread, they were doing the gardening singing Weve got McGinn, kids should idolise TM the same way i did McGrath, Yorke etc. And he needs a song worthy.

Personally, I'd go oldschool

"Mingsy, Oh Mingsy, You're the greatest, the Holte End say"

But as long as its original to Villa and the whole ground can sing it, i will be happy

What about something to the tune of DLBIA ?

Tyrone Mings Fuck me, Tyrone Mings.
Oh Fuck me...Tyrone Mings.