The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 86 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

He was a left back at Ipswich. It wasn't till he joined Bournemouth that that he started playing centre half. Obviously then he had loads of injuries so by the time he'd signed for us he'd possibly played less than 25 games as a centre half.
Not only that but before Ipswich picked him up he was playing non league as an amateur for several years so he was playing catch up at professional level even before his injuries at Bournemouth

Under Mccarthy full backs are basically extra centre halves so I doubt he'd have been buccaneering up the left flank like premier league full backs do these days.

Exactly. Under Bruce or MON Mings would probably be ok at LB, but the way we play our full backs need to bomb up and down the wing and overlap the wingers regularly. Neither Mings or Hause will be comfortable doing that

Waktins on the left, Mings at left back. I'm so glad some of the posters on here aren't managing the club! LOL
A cardboard cut out of Mings would do a better job than Taylor at left back.

Kinda contradicting yourself there fella, I said Mings would be a better replacement than Taylor at left back (used to be a LB) and we've got Hause who's done no wrong in the middle.

Your next message is saying a cardboard cut out of Mings would do a better job than Taylor :shrug::idea:

Kinda contradicting yourself there fella, I said Mings would be a better replacement than Taylor at left back (used to be a LB) and we've got Hause who's done no wrong in the middle.

Your next message is saying a cardboard cut out of Mings would do a better job than Taylor :shrug::idea:
I'm not because the second post was a joke. Mings at left back is a dumb idea in any situation other than an emergency.

Exactly. Under Bruce or MON Mings would probably be ok at LB, but the way we play our full backs need to bomb up and down the wing and overlap the wingers regularly. Neither Mings or Hause will be comfortable doing that

Playing Melberg at right back and not alongside Laursen was extremely MON. Playing Cuellar there ahead of Luke Young was nothing short of criminal.

I've often said that MON wouldn't know a good defender if one came and booted him up the arse and I'll stand by that statement. He came in to Bouma, Laursen, Melberg and left Warnock, Dunne, Collins. A pale shadow. Not to mention Davies, Knight, Beye and obviously playing a cb that is shit on the ball over an actually good rb.

I'm not because the second post was a joke. Mings at left back is a dumb idea in any situation other than an emergency.

He started out as a LB and didn't look half bad for Ipswich :unsure: It's like saying play Milner at LB or CM, or Barry at LB when he started out as a LB.

He started out as a LB and didn't look half bad for Ipswich :unsure: It's like saying play Milner at LB or CM, or Barry at LB when he started out as a LB.
Didn't half bad, in the Championship. Looks like Van Dijk at centre half at that level, looking way better than he ever did at left back. We have Targett having a great season. Mings has done decently at centre half. Are we really having this debate? It's really silly.

Didn't half bad, in the Championship. Looks like Van Dijk at centre half at that level, looking way better than he ever did at left back. We have Targett having a great season. Mings has done decently at centre half. Are we really having this debate? It's really silly.

I think its more of a "what if Targett gets injured" rather than replacing him. I'd personally have Hause, Mings, Elmo, Freddy and whoever is the lb for the 23s and 18s over Taylor.

I think its more of a "what if Targett gets injured" rather than replacing him. I'd personally have Hause, Mings, Elmo, Freddy and whoever is the lb for the 23s and 18s over Taylor.
That’s exactly what is it mate it was based on if Targett gets injured, not replacing him as a better option, I’d still stick with Targett even if he had a bad patch as we’ve not got anyone with his quality to bring in.