The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 85 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

He was a left back at Ipswich. It wasn't till he joined Bournemouth that that he started playing centre half. Obviously then he had loads of injuries so by the time he'd signed for us he'd possibly played less than 25 games as a centre half.
Started 10 games for Bournemouth in 4 seasons

Amazing stat that......and shows how successful his move to us has been despite the criticism aimed at him this season.

Yep he's a very inexperienced 27-year-old, Konsa is far more experienced and it actually shows. Mings has a big mouth and that is why he is seen as a leader.it's certainly not his experience. very much a Conor Coady type figure, not the best but the loudest. Hence the criticism when he fucks up.

Mings played left back for Ipswich when he was young, but that was for big Mick in the championship - he doesn't expect too much forward play from his full backs.

I saw a couple of games with Mings playing for Ipswich because one of my good friends is a fan. Despite Mings being very highly rated at the time, my friend actually didn't rate him too highly at all and still doesn't, mainly because Mings was the player who replaced Cresswell in the Ipswich starting XI, and Mings was a massive downgrade in an attacking sense.

Mings is, in my opinion, an absolutely top class centre back who may be patchy with his form at the moment. I rate him higher than the average fan does these days I think, but I wouldn't want him to play in any other position but centre back.

I don't think we'll see Guilbert back in a Villa shirt again, I think we will be signing a couple of new full backs in the summer to put some real competition on Targett and Cash.

Started 10 games for Bournemouth in 4 seasons

Bloody hell I didn't realise it had been that bad for him. Actually amazing that he'd played that few games at cb yet when he joined us he was so completely dominant there, albeit at a lower level of course.

Yep he's a very inexperienced 27-year-old, Konsa is far more experienced and it actually shows. Mings has a big mouth and that is why he is seen as a leader.it's certainly not his experience. very much a Conor Coady type figure, not the best but the loudest. Hence the criticism when he fucks up.

So are you saying he got an England call up simply because he shouts a lot?

So are you saying he got an England call up simply because he shouts a lot?

No, he got one on the strength of his performances for us in the Championship initially, he's become a Mason Mount, Conor Coady figure for Gareth.

He hasn't played that well for us lately, maybe something to do with us losing 3 of the last 4, people start to notice a dip in his form whilst others ignore it because he plays for Villa. Perhaps I study in too much depth I should just only notice the good things he does of which he does many. He set a high standard and it's dropped lately, he's not a bad player but he's dipped below Konsa or has Konsa upped his game or a bit of both.
Just as people have noticed Targett has upped his levels, some have noticed Mings has dipped. Not many as still moaning about Targett but if he dips back to man fanny he will get stick I'm sure. It's what football fans do.

No, he got one on the strength of his performances for us in the Championship initially, he's become a Mason Mount, Conor Coady figure for Gareth.

He hasn't played that well for us lately, maybe something to do with us losing 3 of the last 4, people start to notice a dip in his form whilst others ignore it because he plays for Villa. Perhaps I study in too much depth I should just only notice the good things he does of which he does many. He set a high standard and it's dropped lately, he's not a bad player but he's dipped below Konsa or has Konsa upped his game or a bit of both.
Just as people have noticed Targett has upped his levels, some have noticed Mings has dipped. Not many as still moaning about Targett but if he dips back to man fanny he will get stick I'm sure. It's what football fans do.
anyway not sure what this has to do with the transfer window so I'll leave it there

Yep, gone seriously off topic but take away current form, big mouth, errors etc my response to your original stat was actually my main point, not a debate about here and now. Whatever anyone thinks of him and his form now, since he was transferred to us on loan he’s done extremely well compared to his previous 4 years. It’s been a turning point in his career. That’s the only point I was making.

Yep, gone seriously off topic but take away current form, big mouth, errors etc my response to your original stat was actually my main point, not a debate about here and now. Whatever anyone thinks of him and his form now, since he was transferred to us on loan he’s done extremely well compared to his previous 4 years. It’s been a turning point in his career. That’s the only point I was making.

Yes, we brought in what we thought at the time was a new left-back and turned him into an England CB.
Trust in Dean and the players he backs, despite how it looked last season.
Now he's happy with his squad and bench until the end of the season even if some on here are not. We have options and I think Morgan Sanson will be playing sooner rather than later.
We are no buying any more this window, the summer is a whole new ball game

Under Mccarthy full backs are basically extra centre halves so I doubt he'd have been buccaneering up the left flank like premier league full backs do these days.

I like Mings as he is a pretty good communicator and organiser, but I always hold my breath when he slips into his Beckenbauer mode. I like holding my breath, but ultimately, doing it for too long can cause damage.