The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 71 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Started the season well and earned his call-up, IMO this went to his head & he started to become less of the player that earned it and turned into a bit of a show-off. He needs to forget the world is watching and stop believing his own hype.

Mings has a good career ahead of him and it should be with us. Konsa is looking good, but I still think we need Engels. We need options. And Hause. Especially if 5 subs becomes the norm.
If we stay up we need to sign a partner for Mings who can go directly into the first team. Konsa will be back up/ a rotation option.

If we stay up we need to sign a partner for Mings who can go directly into the first team. Konsa will be back up/ a rotation option.

We need an equivalent to Heaton at centre back. That will do Mings, Hause, Konsa a world of good. One in midfield would be nice as well.

Konsa back up really I honestly think he has grew in stature as the seasons gone on come next season honestly think he will be first choice maybe even before Mings.
He's a good player who is developing but we need more quality next season in this position if we stay up. It should be about building from here. Besides you need to have 3 (relatively) good centre halves in this day and age given the amount of games you play and injuries.

He's a good player who is developing but we need more quality next season in this position if we stay up. It should be about building from here. Besides you need to have 3 (relatively) good centre halves in this day and age given the amount of games you play and injuries.
Every time you make a signing I believe you should be looking to buy better, or potential to be better, than what you already have. No point buying someone as back-up to Konsa, we should always look to buy someone better who can compete. Tuanzebe please.

Just to keep it on topic, I think Mings and Hause have both shown enough to compete with each other for the left side of CB next season.

Don't disagree at all but I really do think Konsa is a future international

I think Mings has been a little bit more like himself the last two games , apart from that one attempt to backheel away that one against Arsenal only Paul McGrath could get away with that kind of outrageousness

The only time I crapped myself when God was playing was when Mickey the pie eater Quinn scored a hattrick for Coventry.... his ONLY bad game....

I saw him have a bad game when we were at home to dirty leeds the season they won the league. He looked like he had come straight out of the pub and got destroyed by Lee Chapman.

This is a good read about Tyrone, and how playing for England and coming back to play for his club affected his performances for Villa. Pretty open and honest I feel.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/the-complete-opposite-aston-villa-18678506
I'm a huge fan of Mings. No idea why he's taken so long to get to this level as he has every attribute you want in a top premier league footballer.

Grealish may be the captain in name but Mings is a captain by nature. Hugely intelligent man, I think, I hope, he and Konsa will form a successful partnership that will benefit Villa and england for the next 5 seasons or so.