The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 60 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

No player is being forced to play. He doesn't want to play fine, don't play. Don't moan about being forced to play when you're not being forced to play. Have to say this isn't the fighting spirit I was hoping the players would have coming into this vital match, but it is what it is, if he isn't 100% then drop him and play a player who is chomping at the bit to get stuck in, same goes for any other player who is uncomfortable playing.

Could you imagine Terry, Keane or Gerrard saying this? It's not leadership is it.

Ok, so he's not our captain, but he is looked up to by the rest of the squad and is supposed to be a leader within our squad.

This added to our actual captain ignoring lockdown and crashing his car all over the place doesn't bode well does it?

Now all we need is someone to attack Sid with a chair and it really will be just like the good old days.

I do worry that we don't have the characters to stay up. We need too hear battle cries from our players, defiance in the face of extreme odds. it is a cliche but we have 9 cup finals to play, we need warriors to stay up.

I do worry that we don't have the characters to stay up. We need too hear battle cries from our players, defiance in the face of extreme odds. it is a cliche but we have 9 cup finals to play, we need warriors to stay up.

But when they issue battle cries they get hit with the 'don't tell us show us ' stick.
I'm no apologist for footballers but sometimes things are over analysed in my humble . Note I said 'sometimes'.

I've no particular view on what Mings said . But I am mystified as to how what he said is being widely interpreted as our team or him not being up for the fight. Don't get that at all I must say. I also worry about not having the right characters. But that's not based on any interview or soundbite . It's on what I see on the pitch.

I understand, of course it doesn't mean he isn't up for the fight just because he is complaining about being forced to play, he might be. Its just in my experience when you work with someone who is bitching about their pay or conditions they rarely put their back into their work.

But non essential shops are opening BEFORE the football season starts.

So what's he moaning about?
No player is being forced to play. He doesn't want to play fine, don't play. Don't moan about being forced to play when you're not being forced to play. Have to say this isn't the fighting spirit I was hoping the players would have coming into this vital match, but it is what it is, if he isn't 100% then drop him and play a player who is chomping at the bit to get stuck in, same goes for any other player who is uncomfortable playing.
It does put Dean Smith in an uncomfortable position publicly saying your heart is not really in it. I wonder if he talked to Smith about this before. I would have hoped so.

I understand, of course it doesn't mean he isn't up for the fight just because he is complaining about being forced to play, he might be. Its just in my experience when you work with someone who is bitching about their pay or conditions they rarely put their back into their work.

It's a good job some people moan about pay and conditions or we'd still be sending children up chimneys, whining little bastards get up there and sweep.

Mings is not a human he's a footballer on mega-money he doesn't matter we can buy a new one

Footballers live matter too!

The government are meant to be a publishing a BAME Covid report. If, as I hope it says, the report identifies “other factors“ causing the disproportionate BAME deaths/illnesses, that might help Mings.

It's a good job some people moan about pay and conditions or we'd still be sending children up chimneys, whining little bastards get up there and sweep.

Mings is not a human he's a footballer on mega-money he doesn't matter we can buy a new one

Footballers live matter too!

I hardly think we can compare footballers with the finest modern medical care and testing to child labour in the 19th century can we? For a start children had no choice but to work. It has been stated that no footballer will be forced to play if they are not comfortable doing so.

I hardly think we can compare footballers with the finest modern medical care and testing to child labour in the 19th century can we? For a start children had no choice but to work. It has been stated that no footballer will be forced to play if they are not comfortable doing so.

Nobody is forced to work are they if you take that line like it's about the money and those who think because he gets so much he should work like the "rest of us".

what's a fair wage or a wage where it's worth dying for. I know loads of people on over 50k a year should they go back to work and stop whinging?
I know people whinging on 2500 a month furlough pay and others who would kill for that much a month.

Basically everyone is saying man up Tyrone you get paid big bucks aren't they or he's no different to the rest of us, well he is, he's doing one of the most worthless jobs anyone can imagine a professional sportsman it's a hobby, not a real job and totally necessary.

Nobody is forced to work are they if you take that line like it's about the money and those who think because he gets so much he should work like the "rest of us".

what's a fair wage or a wage where it's worth dying for. I know loads of people on over 50k a year should they go back to work and stop whinging?
I know people whinging on 2500 a month furlough pay and others who would kill for that much a month.

Basically everyone is saying man up Tyrone you get paid big bucks aren't they or he's no different to the rest of us, well he is, he's doing one of the most worthless jobs anyone can imagine a professional sportsman it's a hobby, not a real job and totally necessary.

No, I'm not saying man up because you are paid a lot, I haven't mentioned his income concerning his remarks. It is a fact he doesn't have to play. If he doesn't want to don't.

Lots of people aren’t saying man up. People have different risk profiles and interpretation of that risk. It will still be unfortunate for us if he doesn’t play or doesn’t really want to play. He doesn‘t have to be criticised for being in the predicament.

I'm no apologist for footballers but sometimes things are over analysed in my humble . Note I said 'sometimes'.

Yes but when you say sometimes, I think we need to analyse that a bit more, what sort of % are we talking and do you have any graphs or other facts to back the statement that sometimes things are over analysed up?

I apologise on behalf of everyone for having a different opinion to some of you. I know how much it hurts you.

We are collectively sorry and will have a whip round for you to have the counselling the damage we will have caused to you sensible souls that will be required.

Or in other words, nothing was bandied about, I love the difference of opinions but don't then accuse those who don't share the same view as only being able to take things out of context, or they 'bandy' things about.

I also disagree with my erstwhile colleague and excellent site writer, JPA, on any distinction between an employee and a contractor. Either way, they are contracted/employed and if you have an issue, you go to your employer and if you still have a problem, your union, if indeed you have one.

I remain gobsmacked at the stupidity of running to a paper like The Mail, and at this sensitive and difficult times, to be talking about being a commodity. I repeat, what do these players think everyone else is? And talking about no integrity, it is just about money. From a player? A group who through the PFA (Oh hang on a minute, they HAVE been consulted shock horror) didn't want to take any reduction to their salaries but think it suitable to talk about the league being financially motivated.

Name me a business that isn't financially motivated?

What he said was not required, is not a rallying cry and as I say, I'd hate to go into battle with this sort of attitude.

I actually spoke to a Villa fan lady who works at Sainsbury today, about this tripe, she laughed as she'd read it. She has been working throughout, she hasn't once moaned that Sainsbury's is financially driven and she is just a commodity. It is ok, because that is the trade off we all take when working, or when employing.

Sorry if that is out of context, bandied about, or doesn't suit anyones delicate sensitivities. And yes, I'm talking like that because - in modern parlance - I feel my feelings have been very much hurt and I will need to take therapy over this. Me being just a commodity in life, and all.

Bit harsh on Tyrone TBF. Everyone has an opinion and he's voiced his, quite eloquently as it happens. Whether he sought the Daily Mail out or was responding to a question posed during a pre-arranged interview, none of us are in the privileged position to know.

There's a lot more in life to get up tight about than a footballer's interview. Time to move on (and that isn't disrespecting the views expressed above, we are all entitled to have a voice our view-point after all).

I'm still glad he is at our club, think there's a lot more to come from him. People talk about building a team around Jack, but solidity at the back is where it's at. Every successful team has an anchor and its about pairing him with the correct foil.