The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 56 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

You can't write off Norwich as an anomaly just to back up your point. It was a very good win. Man U was a very good draw. Not all our away games have been abject displays; more often we've played well but then been let down by a casual mistake.

Our problem is a strong lack of consistency, which is due to a number of things.

You can't write off Norwich as an anomaly just to back up your point. It was a very good win. Man U was a very good draw. Not all our away games have been abject displays; more often we've played well but then been let down by a casual mistake.

Our problem is a strong lack of consistency, which is due to a number of things.

we've been very consistent away from home we've lost nearly every game. It's no been win one draw one lose one it's been loss after loss

we've been very consistent away from home we've lost nearly every game. It's no been win one draw one lose one it's been loss after loss

True, but the performances have been inconsistent. The draw with MU was deserved. Losing to Spurs and Arsenal early on we were still competitive. Yet in other games we've been overrun. Play like we have in our best away games and we're going to pick up points; others, no chance.

True, but the performances have been inconsistent. The draw with MU was deserved. Losing to Spurs and Arsenal early on we were still competitive. Yet in other games we've been overrun. Play like we have in our best away games and we're going to pick up points; others, no chance.

I know what you mean but we still lose even when we play anything like

I’m thinking of three matches of particular significance at the time of playing, Bournemouth, Watford, Southampton all away. We didn’t compete, it’s as simple as that.
What’s your reason for our abject displays and please don’t throw Norwich away back at me, that proved to be a complete anomaly.

Totally agree - its not just that though the same 3 fixtures at home were also abject. Norwich game is a red herring.

Your earlier post is spot on - no fight and no bottle. Dean Smith is accountable as much as anyone but to be fair to him he shouldn't have to be screaming at lads to win second balls and go hard in challenges.

I've seen it before on teams I've played for - when you're not good enough and up against it 4 players who fight and have bottle isn't enough. Reina, Mings, Grealish and Samatta isn't enough and Samatta could easily fold too, the lad is often on his own.

Mings has been as bad as any of back 3 IMO and pure luck saved him from 'doing an Engels' a few times. Was it Deaney he lost in Watford's first attack and could easily have awarded them a penalty for Mings pulling him back?

Sometimes daydream about what he'd be like as a DM rather than a CB.

The stat's don't lie. We've lost by 2 or more goals in 8 out of 27 matches. 4 of those matches were in December when Mings was out.

December was an awful month for us. Losing 2 of the 3 "easy" matches at the end was dire. In comparison January was reasonable. W2 D1 L1 in the PL. And got the better of Leicester in the cup. Mings coming back did have a positive effect.

The stat's don't lie. We've lost by 2 or more goals in 8 out of 27 matches. 4 of those matches were in December when Mings was out.

December was an awful month for us. Losing 2 of the 3 "easy" matches at the end was dire. In comparison January was reasonable. W2 D1 L1 in the PL. And got the better of Leicester in the cup. Mings coming back did have a positive effect.
Agree, Ming's ain't the problem. I seem to remember JT making mad lunges for the ball and throwing himself in front of shots quite a lot and because he was in a successful team he is "the Legend".

All centre backs are made to look ordinary by world class forwards at times, but if your team wins no-one remembers that you threw your body on the line.

Solid player but hardly distinguishing himself at this level. Looked like Van Dijk in the championship but clearly the better quality of this level coupled with inept players around him have exposed him somewhat.

He'd be a lot better next to an experienced player like Gary Cahill. Despite Mings' time at Bournemouth he's actually inexperienced at this level.

Disasterclass from Mings today, not for the first time. Can see why Bournemouth were keen to offload.

Reactions: DJ
Disasterclass from Mings today, not for the first time. Can see why Bournemouth were keen to offload.

Put him in a better team and he'd look absolutley fine. Next to no protection in front of him, players either side of him making mistakes, no wonder he has to keep dropping deep to try and recover from their fuck ups. I'm not saying he's not made a few himself, but he is far from our biggest problem.

Put him in a better team and he'd look absolutley fine. Next to no protection in front of him, players either side of him making mistakes, no wonder he has to keep dropping deep to try and recover from their fuck ups. I'm not saying he's not made a few himself, but he is far from our biggest problem.

Completely agree. Tyrone is one of the true leaders out there. He has to put himself about to cover others mistakes. As a result of the effort he makes and because he doesn't shirk responsibility he will by definition make more mistakes.

Completely agree. Tyrone is one of the true leaders out there. He has to put himself about to cover others mistakes. As a result of the effort he makes and because he doesn't shirk responsibility he will by definition make more mistakes.

He may be a leader, but I stand by my statement from the summer that we should never have paid more than ten million for him. Essentially we spent almost half of our summer budget on Mings and Wesley alone. Mings was simply not proven at this level, and a better deal could have been done for someone just as good or better for half that money. I think his performances in the championship and sentiment ruled the transfer. A big mistake in my opinion.

Leader? or just bitching at other players because he's inacpable?

Also covering for others mistakes? are you on drugs? he's making most the mistakes.

Bournmouth fans were pretty spot on with their evaluation of Mings, a big mistake every game but since Smith has been coaching him it's gone from 1 mistake a game to 3 or 4 but nah he's a great leader.

Reactions: DJ
Bournmouth fans were pretty spot on with their evaluation of Mings, a big mistake every game but since Smith has been coaching him it's gone from 1 mistake a game to 3 or 4 but nah he's a great leader.

Prince William loves him, a great example of what can be achieved apparently.

No seriously he's playing like an arrogant twat at the moment and I think all this England talk and the rest of it has him believing his own dreams