The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 55 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

Tonsillitis should not keep you out of a football game , he seemed fine on Friday

You clearly haven’t had tonsillitis then....it’s bloody horrendous...I’ve had plenty of bouts over the years....why the inference that he ‘seemed fine Friday, so why wasn’t he playing? ...My 60 year old dad was fine the day before he dropped dead the following day....bloody ridiculous looking for negatives when the bloke was ill! This is just moaning for the sake of it.

Tbh I don’t know much about tonsillitis (If that’s what has definitely kept him out the game), was just very odd to see him not on the team sheet today after seeing him looking good on the beach and in training, there was absolutely nothing in the media prior to the game about him being a doubt or anything.

It is a viral infection and can lay you totally low. I ended up having mine removed, as I had it so much. You go from fine to totally drained, you can't swallow properly etc.

I said this isn't Sunday league but you wouldn't even play Sunday league with a viral infection.

Nothing to see here, just bad luck.

If it kept a Tyrone out it was a bad bug because he's not the type of person to miss games, he wants to play and Villa would want him on that pitch at all costs, he's tried to play on with a Hamstring , he's played with pain-killing injection before now

Didn't think tonsillitis came on overnight, 2-4 days I thought and yes he looked full of beans Friday , even posted he was licking his lips at forthcoming games. Strange one.

It is a viral infection and can lay you totally low. I ended up having mine removed, as I had it so much. You go from fine to totally drained, you can't swallow properly etc.

I said this isn't Sunday league but you wouldn't even play Sunday league with a viral infection.

Nothing to see here, just bad luck.

I had mine out but the surgeon got the trolly around the wrong way and now I talk in a high voice;)

mom asking about a kid with it, a pediatrician answers

Tonsillitis and sports.
Hi there, Last week Saturday my son (9) came down with a bout of Tonsillitis. Had a high fever and was lethargic. Took him to doc who gave him a Rocephin injection and prescribed Apen S antibiotic. He immediately felt better. He now just complains that the roof of his mouth is sore. He plays rugby on Saturdays, can he play tomorrow?

EXPERT'S REPLY
A.
Paediatrician- 2017/08/28
Your question only came through today. I hope that your son did not play rugby on Saturday as it is dangerous to exercise vigorously while having tonsillitis. It usually takes at least 5 to 7 days for the infection and the effects of the infection to pass over even on the best antibiotics.

https://www.health24.com/Medical/childhood-diseases/Experts/Question/Tonsillitis-and-Sports-20170825

Didn't think tonsillitis came on overnight, 2-4 days I thought and yes he looked full of beans Friday , even posted he was licking his lips at forthcoming games. Strange one.

I've had it twice, totally fucked me up both times. No way could you compete at that level with something like that. Hopefully the antibiotics will shift it before Saturday, as we look completely rudderless at the back without him barking the orders out

For some reason we’re unable to raise our game against fellow strugglers and after so many attempts when we desperately needed points I can only put it down to heart and desire. The other teams want it more than us, in short we lack bottle. All of Tyrone’s shouting hasn’t got the others going either nor all of Jack’s total commitment. We can’t play our way out of trouble nor fight our way out of it and Dean has no answers either.

For some reason we’re unable to raise our game against fellow strugglers and after so many attempts when we desperately needed points I can only put it down to heart and desire. The other teams want it more than us, in short we lack bottle. All of Tyrone’s shouting hasn’t got the others going either nor all of Jack’s total commitment. We can’t play our way out of trouble nor fight our way out of it and Dean has no answers either.
We've got six(?) points off Brighton, six off Norwich, one from West Ham so far, three from Watford. Apart from Bournemouth and Southampton who, to be fair, are established premier league sides full of experienced premier league talent, we have done quite well against fellow strugglers considering we probably have the second or third cheapest defensive unit in the league.

I’m thinking of three matches of particular significance at the time of playing, Bournemouth, Watford, Southampton all away. We didn’t compete, it’s as simple as that. 3 real cup finals and we didn’t turn up. We have the worst away record in the league and have never kept a clean sheet away. I’m simply saying we don’t have the fight for it.
Brighton is 4 points fair enough, but when these teams come to VP they don’t roll over and die, they fight. What’s your reason for our abject displays and please don’t throw Norwich away back at me, that proved to be a complete anomaly.