The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

snoddy loved us too but he went back .this is the trubble having players on loan

There is a lot of love for Snoddy on the streets of B6, as Tim Westwood would say.

Once we rocket back into the PL, we can stop faffing about with loan players.

I would be absolutely amazed if there aren’t teams already in contact with Bournemouth enquiring about his availability in the summer.

But we should be at the front of the queue
We have a deal with Bournemouth, that we will be given the chance to match any offer made for Mings in the summer.
We do have Premiership interest from Southampton, they are talking in the £10m range, I believe.

We have a deal with Bournemouth, that we will be given the chance to match any offer made for Mings in the summer.
We do have Premiership interest from Southampton, they are talking in the £10m range, I believe.

Either we go up and are much more appealing than Southampton or any of the also-rans in the PL or we don't go up and we can't afford him.

Either we go up and are much more appealing than Southampton or any of the also-rans in the PL or we don't go up and we can't afford him.

True BB.
As I've said a hundred times, for years we have overpaid in wages for bang average players.
We still have a high proportion of players on wages that are twice the championship average and a few that are even higher than that.
We need Purslow to be as tight-fisted in his wage negotiations as Spurs Levy, if we are ever going to get out of the financial mess we have been in for at least the last decade.

True BB.
As I've said a hundred times, for years we have overpaid in wages for bang average players.
We still have a high proportion of players on wages that are twice the championship average and a few that are even higher than that.
We need Purslow to be as tight-fisted in his wage negotiations as Spurs Levy, if we are ever going to get out of the financial mess we have been in for at least the last decade.
Or pay the fine

Racking my brains to think of a centre back we have had with that bit of class on the ball since God.

Not only is he great on the ball but he is a beast.

Love the likes of Laursen and Melberg but were they as skillful as Mings?. Difficult to assess as Mings is playing at a lower level I suppose.

I am amazed that Bournemouth want to sell him.

I’m not. They must surely be basing it on his injuries and the fact he hasn’t cut it in the Premiership.

What a fantastic player to watch play, gives his all and looks a leader and a winner. He is doing this in a poor but tough division though.

I’m not. They must surely be basing it on his injuries and the fact he hasn’t cut it in the Premiership.

What a fantastic player to watch play, gives his all and looks a leader and a winner. He is doing this in a poor but tough division though.

It's a tough division for sure but not poor. Mings stands out because he is playing below his level. He is a Premiership player all day long.

It's a tough division for sure but not poor. Mings stands out because he is playing below his level. He is a Premiership player all day long.
Isn’t it a bit like Abraham though? Hasn’t cut it in the Premier and also might not be ready? In Abraham’s case it’s experience. In Mings case it could be experience? Definitely his unfortunate injuries.
One thing that impresses most is his obvious desire and instant passion for the club.
All of a sudden it does look like we have maybe 3/4 players playing like they could compete and show their class in the premiership, hopefully with Villa next season.

Last edited:
I like this bloke. He's got positional sense, timing, pace, anticipation, vision and leadership. He was even directing the ball boys on Saturday. He moves like a Rolls Royce and, if, by some miracle, we can keep him , is a shoe if for captain.
My hero!

Okore was composed and classy on the ball, for someone who had obviously never played football before :ROFLMAO:

I must admit, I used to think he would come good. Early signs were great. Until he set foot on the pitch :rofl:
Yeah, reminded me of a baby giraffe, a baby giraffe with 3 legs.