The Tyrone Mings Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

The Tyrone Mings Thread

With Villa being given the option to match any other suitor’s deal to secure Mings, I should imagine Bournemouth will want to allow a reasonable time to pass to see what other offers are made. It is in their interest to do so.

Equally, will Villa want to pay too much too soon.

Not an ideal arrangement, but we have what we have.

Just a thought.

With Villa being given the option to match any other suitor’s deal to secure Mings, I should imagine Bournemouth will want to allow a reasonable time to pass to see what other offers are made. It is in their interest to do so.

Equally, will Villa want to pay too much too soon.

Not an ideal arrangement, but we have what we have.

Just a thought.

I think you are right. Also, he has made it so public that he wants to come to us that I don't think anyone else will bother. We could offer them £2m and it will probably be the highest bid. I expect a long summer of negotiations over Mings.

I think you are right. Also, he has made it so public that he wants to come to us that I don't think anyone else will bother. We could offer them £2m and it will probably be the highest bid. I expect a long summer of negotiations over Mings.

BB I would go just that little bit further with a 2.1m and the hope the time expires quickly lol

The big question is do Bournemouth have to sell him.what happens if no one bids for him do we get him for free. Then again they could ask for a silly fee like 20mil can see this one running for quite sometime

Presumably there is a date bids have to be in by. As we officially become a Premier team on July 1st, i would imagine that will be the date, so cant see much happening for a bit yet

Also, how can this clause be policed anyway. Do Villa have to be shown written evidence that another club has bid x amount, if so, I wouldnt be happy if i was the other club. Or, what is to stop Eddie Howe ringing one of his mates and saying "just put a bid in for 20m, so Villa have to match it.

Cant see how it can work

Presumably there is a date bids have to be in by. As we officially become a Premier team on July 1st, i would imagine that will be the date, so cant see much happening for a bit yet

Thought that was yesterday.