The Two Sendings Off | Vital Football

The Two Sendings Off

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
I posted this comment on the match thread but thought I'd start another thread:

"I've looked at the stats for the game. Bola got a yellow on 68 minutes. That was the only card Pool had until that time. So the sendings off of Bola and Daniels were straight reds imo"

Plymouth Argyle may have lost 1-0 to Blackpool but it was two straight red cards to Donervon Daniels and Marc Bola that was the big talking point.
Referee Neil Hair sent the Blackpool pair off in the 93rd minute leaving the Seasiders with just nine men to protect their lead, which came though a Mark Cullen goal in the first half.

Blackpool manager Terry McPhillips, who was taking charge of the side for the first time since being given the job on a permanent basis, admitted that Donervon Daniels was upset with Marc Bola for failing to header a ball away during a sustained period of Argyle pressure.

0_2024289.jpg

Double red cards for Marc Bola and Donervon Daniels of Blackpool from referee Neil Hair (Image: Dave Rowntree/PPAUK)
McPhillips denies that there was a punch up between the two players but admitted that they may have had hold of eachother.
Speaking after the game, McPhillips said: “I haven’t really seen it yet, back, so we will have a look at that on Monday.
“But certainly I think Donervon was upset that maybe Marc didn’t header it away or something like that and ran over and confronted him.

“There was certainly no punches thrown or heads to each other so I thought it was a bit harsh.
“I thought the referee didn’t have his best game, he is a nice guy.

“But the amount of fouls they gave to Plymouth that weren’t fouls, simple as that if you know about football, I thought that was poor.
“I have not said that in any other game but he didn’t do it on purpose and if we score the chances then the game is out of site."
Asked to clarify whether his two defenders were fighting one another, McPhillips said: “No, no, they weren’t."
He then went on to criticise referee Neil Hair further, stating that the sending off of both players summed up his performance.
“I have seen it live, I have watched it with my own eyes live," said McPhillips.

0_2024294.jpg

Double red cards for Marc Bola and Donervon Daniels of Blackpool from referee Neil Hair (Image: Dave Rowntree/PPAUK)
“Did they have hold of each other? Well that is a different story.
“I think these lads put their hands on each other every day in training in the games, we put a shift in, do it right, put our head in where it hurts and maybe Donervon is a little bit upset about that.
“I thought it was really harsh, really harsh and it almost summed the referee up.”

Blackpool manager Terry McPhillips will decide today whether to appeal the two red cards shown to Donervon Daniels and Marc Bola. The pair received their marching orders after scuffing with each other as the Seasiders held on to a 1-0 win at Plymouth Argyle.

watch Tangerine TV replay, the camera doesnt catch what happened but it cant of been much as you see DD sprint towards something and literally a couple of seconds later the camera swing round and nothing is happening.

Blackpool have lodged an appeal against the red cards shown to Donervon Daniels and Marc Bola during the 1-0 win at Plymouth Argyle on Saturday.
Neil Hair following a bizarre stoppage-time incident at Home Park. The defenders appeared to be involved in an altercation as Blackpool prepared to defend a late corner. McPhillips revealed Daniels was upset with Bola for failing to head the ball away from the penalty area during a period of pressure from the home side, but denied there was a punch-up. He did, however, acknowledge the pair may have had hold of each other. “It was mayhem, carnage," McPhillips said on Saturday. “At the end with the two lads, I thought it was harsh. “Whatever has happened I don’t know, we’ll discuss it on Monday. Something has happened and Donervon is not happy with something, that’s for sure. “The lads are competitive, they want to win."
The incident wasn't caught by television footage, however the club's own analysis camera is believed to have had a better view. The club should receive a decision ahead of this weekend's game against Luton Town. If the appeals aren't successful, Daniels and Bola are likely to serve a three-game suspension.

Read more at: https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...von-daniels-and-marc-bola-red-cards-1-9354582

Thanks Dave. Daniels is clearly the instigator but is honestly just showing his passion for winning. Interestingly, it's The Fonz who separates them and points to Daniels head and tells him to 'think about what you're doing'.
Looking again at Daniels reaction, there may have been some previous bad blood there.

Calm down boys - we won!

I reckon worst we can expect is for Bola to be cleared and the Daniels card to be upheld. Good chances with this methinks. Football authorities have no understanding of what constitutes violent conduct. They routinely and severely punish handbags at 10 paces and fail to take more drastic action against those who seek to break legs.

load of shit. bola innocent, DD shook him by the shirt if thats violent then we will be playing 5 a side soon

Blackpool's Marc Bola has won an appeal against a three-match suspension following his red card in the League One game at Plymouth on Saturday.
An FA Regulatory Commission ruled a case of wrongful dismissal for 20-year-old Bola, but rejected an appeal by team-mate Donervon Daniels, 24, and his three-match ban remains.
The pair received red cards in stoppage time for violent conduct.
Boss Terry McPhillips described the incident as "mayhem" and "carnage".