The Two Derbies. | Vital Football

The Two Derbies.

collioure_bee

Vital 1st Team Regular
What a contrast.

QHA game sort of fades because of the last two minutes. I really can't remember much about it before that. So angry about the way we blew it like we did. I couldn't understand the substitutions, especially the last one. Why put on a like for like and not just take Vibe off, move Ollie up front and put in another holding midfielder like Josh or Scott? We needed one because we gave the ball away so easily in the last ten minutes or so. Easy in hindsight but I did question it at the time. Bentley has to take responsibility for that cock up totally. What was he thinking? Not the first time he's done it either.
Then came Fulham and the first half they were far the better side. Could and maybe should have been two or even three up at half time. Bentley made some good to great saves, it has to be said. They weren't pleased with Button and seem to want him gone. The run by Ollie was the only good thing we did first half, our only shot too.
Second half, what a turn round. I'd texted Rebel saying this could easily become three or four at this rate. I didn't mean in our favour, but like I say. What a turn round. We certainly learned from Monday and showed it. I bet there wasn't a Bees fan anywhere questioning why Sawyers was Vibe's replacement. How wrong were we eh?

Like my son said, if you had been offered a point away and three at home before the local derbies, you would have taken it.

Judge says he wants to come back a better player than before, maybe around Christmas, something to look forward to + new guy from Denmark, could be an interesting January.

Judgey played and scored a penalty in a b team match. Hope he will be the player he was leave alone better.....As for the new guy from Denmark. I'll keep an open mind but hope he impresses me more than his compatriots have so far. ;)

I'm finally going to bite... I like Vibe. In my opinion he is a goalscorer and I seem to remember a whole lot of Brentford seasons where we would have killed for a player who knew where the goal was. I know he's not a world beater but he's decent.

Whenever I lose faith with Vibe he proves me wrong, so it was at QPR. Until we can find someone better & who won’t be off after half a season he’s perfect for us.

If only we could do basics at the back & close out games we’d be right up there. GK position is s bit of a concern.

Tough one today in Hull - big test. Coyb

Cheers, Roman, someone had to bite eventually ;)

I am not too down on Vibe, he's not and never has been my favourite and goes missing too often for me but he does, as Rebel said, prove you wrong just when you are losing faith. It's the other two I have no faith in whatsoever. Although have to say Bjellend was ok Saturday.

Not sure what to make of Hull game. Outfought by them second half and they were well up for it. Not a lot could be done about two of the goals and Bentley has come in for some deserved stick lately but he made some really good saves Saturday that stopped us being truly hammered.