The True Geordie | Vital Football

The True Geordie

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
We've had our say on him before and he may not be everyone's cup of tea but personally I think he's a decent watch.

Well, today he's released the Shearer interview and it's canny interesting.

[youtube=RpE_vEzZYD0&feature]

I thought he was a bit over-awed by meeting his idol. But maybe this is to be expected.

Still, it was a very good watch.

Toon_NoMatterWot - 8/10/2017 22:57

Thought at the end there was scope for better questions with many I had that weren't answered or asked even.

Interested to know what questions you would have asked ?

keggy_keagal - 11/10/2017 09:13

Toon_NoMatterWot - 8/10/2017 22:57

Thought at the end there was scope for better questions with many I had that weren't answered or asked even.

Interested to know what questions you would have asked ?

A few were based on where a discussion was going between Shearer and the two so ive forgotten but stuff like would he be interested in becoming a striker coach here under Rafa or under someone else if Ashley sells up?

Has he or would he be willing to get into a consortium to try to buy the club or put his name to something?

Has he closed the door for good on management?

What's his thoughts on the other 'managers' like Pardew etc? Did he see them as an extension of Ashley's model as puppets? and if so, does he see Rafa as a continuation of that policy or a change of Ashley's ideology?

He said he gave his box up last year or the year before, has he bought it back?

I found it a pretty good watch. Though like so many other interviews didn't feel he got under the skin of Shearer. Like others I wanted more depth but perhaps that would have just made Shearer clam up. Was particularly interested to hear more detail about how he was brought to the club as manager, and his pre season plans if he'd stayed (obviously Barton wouldn't have featured). I thought he implied by his change in his punditry style that he accepted he wouldn't be a manager in future . His thoughts on the likes of Souness (hardly discussed which is strange as he played another year for him and they seemed to have a rapport). Opinion on Owen's transfer (Newcastle's biggest after him) and Newcastle career, very little in the way of anecdotes or funny stories from his playing days (the man played with Asprilla ffs how can he nothing to say about him), and the return of Keegan as manager. I also would've liked his take on when Shepherd and Hall called him Mary Poppins.

keggy_keagal - 12/10/2017 21:07

I found it a pretty good watch. Though like so many other interviews didn't feel he got under the skin of Shearer. Like others I wanted more depth but perhaps that would have just made Shearer clam up. Was particularly interested to hear more detail about how he was brought to the club as manager, and his pre season plans if he'd stayed (obviously Barton wouldn't have featured). I thought he implied by his change in his punditry style that he accepted he wouldn't be a manager in future . His thoughts on the likes of Souness (hardly discussed which is strange as he played another year for him and they seemed to have a rapport). Opinion on Owen's transfer (Newcastle's biggest after him) and Newcastle career, very little in the way of anecdotes or funny stories from his playing days (the man played with Asprilla ffs how can he nothing to say about him), and the return of Keegan as manager. I also would've liked his take on when Shepherd and Hall called him Mary Poppins.

As I said, I forgot some of my questions but the Mary Poppins thing came to mind as well.

Dont know if it was just me but it was weird to hear him swear.

Used to subscribe to his channel but he seems more interested in being famous than just ranting like he used to do.

I agree Billy. He's full of his own self importance now and he's lost the cutting edge that got him his followers in the first place.

I like him . I find him engaging whilst being very honest when interviewing both Shearer and Dyer, and he's not lost the enthusiasm of the supporter neither. Dyer's on good form here. Well worth a watch.

Think I've mentioned her before.Reminds me of an 11 yr old lass called Janet from Wrekenton when I was working on a playscheme in the early 80's & she said."They can aal fuck off,they haven't got a clue,fuck em".