The Trezeguet Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

The Trezeguet Thread

the main reason jack was ineffectual before his injury is because we had become to play against and most managers knew that if you stop jack then you stop villa and smith needed to box cleaver with him and not keep playing the same system 4-2-3-1 and its no wonder we are over run in the middle and we play a lot of hoofing and long ball
i know its not the done thing anymore but i would like too see a 4-4-2 now and then
I dont think its the system we play that causes us to be over run in the middle, its fundementally because it is the weakest part in our squad in term of personel.
Whichever way we set up we are weak in that area, and its where we desperately need to strenghten in the close season.

So, thoughts on Louie Barry....

:sorry:

Genuine question actually, has anyone seen a proper timeframe linked to what actual damage was done? Everything I've seen is the standard 'could be 9 months, but could be 12 months'.

Just to back up what JPA is saying.

Folks, you've got to meet us half way, far too many threads are going way off topic and ending up about that one player, or the manager, when the threads really aren't about either.

Appreciate the help, probably not so much being ignored. Don't want to start having to delete, or indeed ban, but need a bit of reasonable cooperation now.

I genuinely had no idea what thread I was in, so off topic was the chat, so I piled in accidentally making it even more off topic.

I would apologise but I blame my upbringing.

Genuine question actually, has anyone seen a proper timeframe linked to what actual damage was done? Everything I've seen is the standard 'could be 9 months, but could be 12 months'.

Don't think at this stage they'd be certain. But the Wesley tackle was a horrible one and calculated to do damage. Don't think this one was anything like that bad.

Don't think at this stage they'd be certain. But the Wesley tackle was a horrible one and calculated to do damage. Don't think this one was anything like that bad.

Wondered if it was too early because surgery hadn't yet taken place (and it always seems regardless of scans, it's only once opened up people actually know), but also wondered if it was simply our 'communication channels' are now less forthcoming than ever.

A "bog standard" ACL tear, with no other related issues such as cartilage, other ligaments etc is about 9 months + (think Heaton). If there is additional damage then it's minimum 12 months (think Wes).
My ACL was accompanied by minor meniscus damage and patella tendonitis. It was a full 12 months before I was playing "full contact" again....

Got 60 mins under his belt today against Birmingham, scored a penalty and according to the match report, we fell apart a bit when he came off. Apparently he looked sharp and on form which is good considering he's been out for so long.

I'd have thought he'll start making some match day squads in the next couple of weeks.

Got 60 mins under his belt today against Birmingham, scored a penalty and according to the match report, we fell apart a bit when he came off. Apparently he looked sharp and on form which is good considering he's been out for so long.

I'd have thought he'll start making some match day squads in the next couple of weeks.
Bit worried about the "we fell apart a bit" bit, please tell me we didn't lose to these urchins.

Reckon Trez falls into the category of "lets see what SG can make of him" type of player. I expect Trez will be out to give his all when he gets back, as usual. Can SG improve his game? Let's see.

Reckon Trez falls into the category of "lets see what SG can make of him" type of player. I expect Trez will be out to give his all when he gets back, as usual. Can SG improve his game? Let's see.

As daft as it sounds, there's something about Trez that makes me think of Milner in terms of energy and workrate. If that can be better honed, his future might not necessarily be as a winger.

He might actually suit the type of pressing game that Gerrard seems to want us to play. Not sure he's technically good enough though.

Bit worried about the "we fell apart a bit" bit, please tell me we didn't lose to these urchins.

No but we did draw. Most of the regular under 23s were either with the first team Sunday or playing in the youth cup tonight so we had a load of mostly 16 year olds plus Davis, Trezeguet, Chukwuemeka senior.