The Trezeguet Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Trezeguet Thread

So many players were isolated last season and had to do too much. He's benefiting from having players closer to him and creating a bit of space. Not the most skilfull of players, but is genuine and can strike a ball - think his value has increased 😁

He needs to up his game on the ball. But he is contributing big and worth his place. And now we have super-sub Traore for when the opposition gets tired.

I have to say I’ve been very impressed with Trev the last few games, he’s always worked hard but he’s adding quality in the final third now as well.

I thought he’d make way for Traore pretty much straight away but credit to him, he’s earning the shirt and deserves to keep it if he continues like this.

Big shout out to trez again, his performances have been massive. Traore coming in could be the best thing for him.

This guy could turn into a cult hero if he carries on

Massively improved from last season. Last night I also saw the comparison to Des Bremner, very industrious and quietly getting on with his work.

I’ve said it before, the TV cameras don’t do Trez justice. Yes, he probably lacks the quality of our top players, but his work rate is always exceptional. Tactically, he was spot on yesterday as he puts in a shift up and down and sometimes laterally to stifle the opposition. In some games where he puts in a shift but nothing comes good or he lacks quality, fans get on his back because it can look like a poor player over trying. He’s the sort of player you have to watch in the flesh as the TV cameras only capture about 10% of the pitch and not what players do off the ball.

Once or twice when Robertson got around him and Cash they looked dangerous but I can’t recall many times in the second half that happening.

I think tactically he’s a very valuable member of the squad, he deserves to get at least 10-12 starts this year even if Traore sets the pitch on fire.

Traore probably the more naturally gifted player. But a luxury player.

Trez is perfect for that pressing style of play from the front, and that ball in for Watkins lastnight that hit the bar was a quality ball.

He keeps making assists....fair play.
And he's becoming the new Luis.

He keeps making assists....fair play.
And he's becoming the new Luis.

I've mentioned this on here a few times before....but since we saw Gueye, Amavi and Veretout go on to play champions league football, I try not to write any player off.

I mean, look at Calvert Lewin now for Everton. NOt every player can be like Jack - but Luiz, Trez, Konsa are still young and coming good. UTV

Trez has totally changed my opinion of him.
Originally couldn’t wait to see the back of him. Weak, with no end product.
Post lockdown, I think we saw a big improvement, but I still wanted shot of him this transfer window, or at least no more than a squad player.
However the last few games has been a massive improvement. He’s battling, getting into excellent positions and is finally producing top quality crosses.
I thought he was absolutely outstanding last night.
Fair play to the young man!

Trez is only 26, he’s reaching the peak of physical and experience where the two cross over, and now he’s settled he can only get better. Would be mad to want to see the back of him to one day stick BT sport on and see him playing for Olympioakos in the champions league group stages!

He will eventually give way to Traore or we have wasted 19m, tough but we all know it's going to happen but he does run his tits off for the cause

He will eventually give way to Traore or we have wasted 19m, tough but we all know it's going to happen but he does run his tits off for the cause

I've been saying for 2wks Traore is our super-sub. It's not a waste of money - it's not that much in the scheme of things.

No point being overly critical here but I am looking forward to having Traore take his place. I just don't get a rush of excitement or an expectancy that something is going to happen when Trez gets the ball, and for a winger in the modern game, that just doesn't bode well. Great team player though and I'm glad we have him in the squad.