The Trezeguet Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Trezeguet Thread

Anyone else find it oddly strange that Trezequet ranked 3rd fastest player last season, whilst we lacked pace....

Aston Villa forward Trezeguet clocked the same speed. And finally Manchester United's new kid on the block Mason Greenwood also hit 23.36mph.

The only players ahead of him were Adama Traore and Kyle Walker at 23.48 and 23.49 respectively.

https://bigsportsnews.com/soccer/pr...yers-as-adama-traore-misses-out-on-no-1-spot/

Anyone else find it oddly strange that Trezequet ranked 3rd fastest player last season, whilst we lacked pace....

Aston Villa forward Trezeguet clocked the same speed. And finally Manchester United's new kid on the block Mason Greenwood also hit 23.36mph.

The only players ahead of him were Adama Traore and Kyle Walker at 23.48 and 23.49 respectively.

https://bigsportsnews.com/soccer/pr...yers-as-adama-traore-misses-out-on-no-1-spot/
What about acceleration?

He's a lot slower with the actual ball at his feet and even slower when he's trying to beat an opposing player.

He's a lot slower with the actual ball at his feet and even slower when he's trying to beat an opposing player.

That, I'm afraid, is the salient point here, same problem with Ghazi, they simply can't beat a player or run quickly with the ball. Credit Trez with at least running a lot, be it a bit all over the place most of the time.

Re acceleration - that's something King has in spades.

Bit like Jack, eh!

We haven't seen the best of Trez. Earlier in the season he was still working out things like positioning. He ended it much improved, with the confidence which goes with it. I think he'll have a good season.

Bit like Jack, eh!

We haven't seen the best of Trez. Earlier in the season he was still working out things like positioning. He ended it much improved, with the confidence which goes with it. I think he'll have a good season.
I have to disagree, Grealish is pretty quick with the ball as he has excellent balance and technique, two things Trezeguet doesn't have. Sure Grealish can slow down the play at times but in full flight taking on players, especially coming in from the left, he's quicker than Trezeguet ever will be.

Yeah unfortunately Trezeguet will never be premier league quality. Great attitude and work rate, seems a likeable guy, he's everything that El Ghazi lacks. Technically he's not good enough with the ball, lacks footballing intelligence and ability.

Yeah unfortunately Trezeguet will never be premier league quality. Great attitude and work rate, seems a likeable guy, he's everything that El Ghazi lacks. Technically he's not good enough with the ball, lacks footballing intelligence and ability.
I for one, wish him well. He put in the effort, never gave up and regularly overcame his shortcomings to grab some vital goals. Gotta like the guy, but hope he is reduced to more sub appearances than starting ones. I also think that another team will pick him up if we decide to let him go.

You have to say he had a great game! Extra pressure to perform from Traore on the bench, especially after seeing Hourihane off for Barkley!

Healthy competition and I hope he continues to keep Traore on the bench!