The Trezeguet Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Trezeguet Thread

With the November international break now behind us, Aston Villa are gearing up for a reunion with former gaffer Steve Bruce as we welcome Newcastle United to Villa Park on Monday evening – and former player Alan Hutton has spoken of his desire to see far more from wing duo, Anwar El Ghazi and summer capture Trezeguet.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...her-improvement-from-these-two-in-particular/
Hopefully Dean will bolster the midfield because playing two wide men who isolate our full backs with their daydreaming. We need to tighten up but stop Jack fiddling about in our half but up top where his ability really matters.

Seems all our deals were 4/5 yrs they've just never been confirmed.

We didn't learn from last time then, I suppose we have paid them less per year but longer contracts which works out cheaper and if they were any good we have then trapped or sold for a decent fee

Must be some logic in it somewhere

We didn't learn from last time then, I suppose we have paid them less per year but longer contracts which works out cheaper and if they were any good we have then trapped or sold for a decent fee

Must be some logic in it somewhere

I think that is the logic behind it, and especially given fees paid really, we'll break even at worst (in normal footballing times), but any that fly in 12/24 months would be significant profit even with a wage increase.

We are also missing the point that many of our players will benefit from the exposure they have already had to the premier league and that someone, somewhere is likely to be eyeing up our players already. We did manage to sell Westwood, Baker and Gestede after all...and for reasonable money.

It's too easy to write off players as useless, but as we have seen, Traore has become world class (allegedly), Vertout and Gueye extremely competent and Jordan Ayew is still miserable.

Trez might do very well for us next season or be sold at a profit, no-one knows what the future holds, could any of us have foreseen Benteke's plummet in form??

Yup Merd, that's why I think worst case we'd break even now - but still can't write people off 12 months in. When/if football gets back to normal, any player still clearly struggling by the January window should be moved on then at the earliest.

But we'll still have regrets - look at how long it took Traore to really develop.

You could see that Traore as a teenager had something, that Veretout at 23 had quality about him and Gana frankly distinguished himself as our best player whilst here.

Trezeguet doesn't come close. He's a bag of shit.

what i've seen of Traore at wolves still cant cross but hes good at running like always, Trezeguet just too slow .i mean why didn't we look at the portugese league sum good players in that league have wolves the monoply there

I think Trezeguet is just slightly below the required standard. He’s not a complete waste of space but he hasn’t quite shown enough yet to prove he can consistently cut it in the premier league, which is what we need. If we were offered our money back for him I’d be tempted, if not I wouldn’t be wanting to urgently push him out the door either as he could improve in his second season as players often do.

We are also missing the point that many of our players will benefit from the exposure they have already had to the premier league and that someone, somewhere is likely to be eyeing up our players already. We did manage to sell Westwood, Baker and Gestede after all...and for reasonable money.

It's too easy to write off players as useless, but as we have seen, Traore has become world class (allegedly), Vertout and Gueye extremely competent and Jordan Ayew is still miserable.

Trez might do very well for us next season or be sold at a profit, no-one knows what the future holds, could any of us have foreseen Benteke's plummet in form??
It shows how crucial premier league experience is, for us these players are useless but when they apply their experience gained at our expense elsewhere they often look alright. We need to be the team snapping up these players from other clubs rather than the ones who take the initial gamble

It shows how crucial premier league experience is, for us these players are useless but when they apply their experience gained at our expense elsewhere they often look alright. We need to be the team snapping up these players from other clubs rather than the ones who take the initial gamble

Yep, unfortunately they then cost more :cry:

I think there's a golden rule; no player is ever worth what you pay for him.

A lot of our players have had a mixed season. Ask the question; will they do better next year? I think in a lot of cases the answer is yes.

Trez has scored some important goals for us. One reason is that he isn't daunted by the club or the PL, and tries to make things happen. We need players who have got that. Have far Trez can progress I don't know, but I certainly think he is capable of doing better.

He's decent in front of goal, 6 for the season is a decent return relative to others, but at times he genuinely looks like he has never seen a football before.

If he had Elghazi's skills and physique combined with his own enthusiasm and work-rate we'd have a decent player.

He looks like an enthusiastic 18 year old but he's not