The Trezeguet Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Trezeguet Thread

Just been talking to the bloke from the Turkish Kebap shop in Smethwick he's a big mate of "Trez", he reckons he's better than Ronaldo, the big fat Brazilian one who he used to sell all his kebaps to

Just spoke to a guy from Morocco who is a big football fan. He really rates Trezeguet.

On behalf of HOLTELOWER. I would like to apologise for the rude and aggressive behaviour displayed in his post. I do however recognise that his superior knowledge of Google maps puts him at an advantage over us mortals when offering opinion on players.

GREALISH OUT

As for Hassan (his name isnt Trezeguet, if I call myself Johnny Depp, it doesnt mean I look like him !) Who knows, never heard of him, maybe good, maybe bad, lets see.

Trezeguet is the name he goes by. Zico was not, in fact, Zico's real name. Nor was Ronaldinho Ronaldinho's real name.

But most people would have no idea who Arthur Antunes Coimbra or Ronaldo de Assis Moreira were if asked.

You must be great fun at parties.

Eh ??????

What on earth has that got to do with anything.

Distance , Marakesh to Cairo 2912 miles

Distance London to Cairo 2184 miles.

Can you update me on players in the Azerbajaini league please, that is the same distance.

As for Hassan (his name isnt Trezeguet, if I call myself Johnny Depp, it doesnt mean I look like him !) Who knows, never heard of him, maybe good, maybe bad, lets see.

Yep but it sounds far sexier in French and adds a couple of million to the price

And that really is the crux of it. Re the player, I have absolutely no idea , other than what I have seen on You Tube, he could be the next Salah, he could be the next.....dont know egyptans who have failed.

But it is funny, we sign a guy called Mahmoud Hassan from a club in Turkey most people have never heard of, or sign a guy called Trezeguet, from the same club - and the reactions would be totally the polar opposite.

And that really is the crux of it. Re the player, I have absolutely no idea , other than what I have seen on You Tube, he could be the next Salah, he could be the next.....dont know egyptans who have failed.

But it is funny, we sign a guy called Mahmoud Hassan from a club in Turkey most people have never heard of, or sign a guy called Trezeguet, from the same club - and the reactions would be totally the polar opposite.

Why would the reactions be the polar opposite ? Surely you judge a player by what he does on the pitch rather than what his name is or sounds like.

we sign a guy called Mahmoud Hassan from a club in Turkey most people have never heard of, or sign a guy called Trezeguet, from the same club - and the reactions would be totally the polar opposite.

I don't think the reactions would be any different.

The reactions I've seen so far range from, "Welcome", to "He looks good on Youtube", to "He speaks a bit of English", to "He'll take time to settle but hopefully will come good".

Basically the same kind of reactions that most of the other players got whether their names were Matt or Ezri or Gandolf or Trezeguet or Pele.. or whatever.

I honestly don't know what point you are trying to make other than being semi racist, or assuming that most Villa fans a semi racist without any proof.

Eh ??????

What on earth has that got to do with anything.

Distance , Marakesh to Cairo 2912 miles

Distance London to Cairo 2184 miles.

Can you update me on players in the Azerbajaini league please, that is the same distance.

Re your post:
Nice to see you put the hard yards in researching distances.

Like DeanoVilla mentioned, they guy may be better located to watch more African/Turkish football than the rest of us and maybe he knows better.

Everyone seems to call him Trezeguet or 'Trez' so i'll go with that. Absolutely agree with you as if I call you Alf Garnett doesn't mean you are like him...

You are quite right HL, his naming himself after a former player is very unusual. That said, I don't think he did it to con anyone. Us fans are not stupid and gullible (ok well maybe one or two are.)

Perhaps it's in homage to his hero and to make himself stand out from the crowd. You could interpret it as showing a bit of confidence and individuality, rather than ridiculing the lad.

On a final note, as our skills were very similar at the time of the 1970 World Cup when I was 9, I would be grateful if all on VV could from now on refer to me as the flying winger, Jairzinho. Mr Jairzinho if you are new to the site. :tophat:

Last edited:
I think he should have a proper Egyptian name like Elmo

Or Alladin, or Prince Ali :rolleyes:

Wow, talk about focusing completely on the wrong thing.

He goes past 2 and scores and I can bet you'll be screaming 'Treeeeezzzeguuuuet!!!' and not pontificating about what his real fucking name is :utv: