The Tottenham Cake | Vital Football

The Tottenham Cake

Tottenham cake does exist, Sainsbury's, some Greggs, etc most good cake shops sell them.

History of the cake, a geezer named Henry Chalkity, he was a Quaker or Friend, lived in the N London Quaker/Friend community, he invented/cooked/sold the first Tottenham Cake in 1901, whole cake for 1penny or smaller misshaped for 1/2penny.

Its original, 1901, top colour was Pink, still is, this was because of the mulberries used, that were found growing in the Quaker/Friend, burial grounds.

The cake is a square shaped sponge, with pink raspberry coconut icing.

I have a recipe so might give it a go and make some, lol!

Tottenham cake does exist, Sainsbury's, some Greggs, etc most good cake shops sell them.

History of the cake, a geezer named Henry Chalkity, he was a Quaker or Friend, lived in the N London Quaker/Friend community, he invented/cooked/sold the first Tottenham Cake in 1901, whole cake for 1penny or smaller misshaped for 1/2penny.

Its original, 1901, top colour was Pink, still is, this was because of the mulberries used, that were found growing in the Quaker/Friend, burial grounds.

Sounds to sweet for me.

Boom , good job some of us know our history . Well done Pompey .