The "Title is Theirs, Let's Give it to Them Now" Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The "Title is Theirs, Let's Give it to Them Now" Thread

Lives lost to the Corona virus: around 3000
Lives lost to the Spanish flu: 40 to 50 million( possibly up to 100 million)
If everyone would practice good hygiene, we will be fine.

My guess is it’s more likely they will be instructed to play games behind closed doors if it gets very bad.
Nothing must stand in the way of a dipper title.

My guess is it’s more likely they will be instructed to play games behind closed doors if it gets very bad.
Nothing must stand in the way of a dipper title.
That is already being suggested here in respect to the big basketball tournament in March. It seems a bit over the top.

That is already being suggested here in respect to the big basketball tournament in March. It seems a bit over the top.
I agree (worrisome!).
That’s the problem with instant news worldwide. I’m not saying it’s not concerning but the panic is a complete overreaction. No doubt a vaccine is just round the corner. Scientists round the world are working flat out for it.

Considering what Ancelloti got red carded for last week you would hope the PL will take a dim view of Klopp's vitriolic response in the face of the assistant referee yesterday.....

SPORTbible: Jurgen Klopp Risks FA Charge After Explosive Celebration In Assistant Referee's Face.
https://www.sportbible.com/football...-celebration-in-match-officials-face-20200307

But I won't hold my breath.

The way in which this is being reported is interesting- all the focus is on Klopp’s ‘regret’ at his actions. I think the media have chosen to play to this down whereas they could just have easily have held a crusade to get him banned. But that would be inconvenient and not fit the narrative would it?

It would be hard on the promotion chasing clubs but good news for those in the relegation places but it does seem to be the fairest option, all things considered.

I am pretty sure the teams vying for European places would have something to say in the courts too.

It could get messy.